i don't want to exercise

Options
i'm fighting that little part of my brain that is trying to talk me out of exercising today...help! motivation is seriously needed today :\

Replies

• gabby0507
    gabby0507 Posts: 7
    Options
    It's the only way you are going to achieve your goal. So go on do at least 30 minutes you will be much happier afterwards
  • shawnae2
    shawnae2 Posts: 105
    Options
    I fight that every day!! Stick with it because it feels AWESOME when you are done!! Plus you will look awesome if you keep it up!! Good luck and make it FUN!!
  • AnneElise
    AnneElise Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Think of how GOOD you will feel with you are done! Look at a picture of the swim suit you want... thats what i do :D A good workout will give you energy!
  • Connie68
    Connie68 Posts: 18
    Options
    maybe we should go the way momma would....
    "get up off your *kitten* and go work out. PRONTO!"
    did that help? lol

you will feel much better after you work out, if you think about it, you always do!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Go read One year later (proof MFP works!)... on the success stories board.
    If that's not gonna get you off your butt to work out, I don't know what will!

But don't feel too bad, I have to have someone kick me in the butt today too.
  • vineas
    vineas Posts: 84
    Options
    This trick usually works to get me going when I don't want to start - just tell yourself that you only need to do 15 minutes. If, after 15 minutes you still don't want to exercise you can stop. What usually happens for me is that after the 15 minutes, I want to keep going and end up having a great workout. Personally, I always find the workouts that I don't want to do are always the most rewarding when I finally get going and just do it.
  • DanielMiller
    Options
    burn it...and you earn it ....snooze it ...and you don't lose it. get your butt in gear
  • anewg
    anewg Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!! I took my daughters for ice cream, didn't get any for myself, and then came home and logged 30 min on the treadmill. That hardly seemed fair at the time, but I feel great about it now. You will too!
  • LoveMy4Kids
    LoveMy4Kids Posts: 231
    Options
    I do the same thing every day, I don't want to go to the gym, but once I get there and get into my workout I feel much better, then on teh way home I feel great and then in the hot shower I feel awesome! JUST DO IT, lol.
  • rufatbob
    rufatbob Posts: 15
    Options
    Just tell your self that your only going to exercise for only 1 minute you will end up doing more before you know it good luck
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I had that problem today, too. I worked late and by the time I got home I really did not feel like working out. After about an hour of stalling, I finally made myself do it, and I'm so glad I did. I feel so much better that it's done now, and my body is thanking me.
  • Sierrasmommy
    Options
    You can do it! Picture where you've come from and picture where you want to be. Keep that picture in front of you so it can be an encouragement as you go about your day. It is the effort we put in that pays off in the end, go for it!! :wink: