Ok I need help....

Options
So I was doing pretty well on my weight loss. Slow and steady wins the race, after all! Then all of a sudden a week or two ago I apparently took a "break" from keeping proper track/caring about what I was having. The snowball effect has taken place and now I'm 3.5 pounds up! It's just so easy to just eat whatever/whenever! Then I have the self-sabotaging attitude of "well I've already eating X-Bad-Thing today/this week, what could Y-Bad-Thing possibly do?", ahhh justification, can justify anything!

Not to mention I've been extremely busy! I work full time and go to university part time, I have a husband and a house full of pets. This past week has been midterms. I have not been in any mood to cook when I get home from work/school/studying/whatever. I'm exhausted. Take out it is... ugh.

Anyway, looking for some kind words of motivation, understanding, tips for climbing back on the horse...

Thanks guys

Peace

PS: Check out my blog (that apparently i need to be following more closely, lol): http://cjshealthyalternatives.blogspot.ca/

Replies

• april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Wow, people just giving food away...sweet! Seriously...strange...

Yes I replied to wrong post! SO sorry..should have that second coffee I guess... :/
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Best advice I can give is, take a deep breath, and turn it around. Plan your next three days of meals for healthy, goal oriented delicious eating. You can do this.
  • poof30
    poof30 Posts: 4
    Options
    Don't give up! I did that and it turned from 3 pds gained to 30! Just readjust somethings. Get some healthy quick food to grab and remember in a time crunch maybe you don't need "a meal" sometimes grabbing an apple and a handfull of almonds will do. The rest of the food will still be there tomorrow. Somewhere I heard never get too tired,too bored or too lonely. Hope tis helps. and just get back up on that horse!
  • kelantol
    kelantol Posts: 2
    Options
    Ask yourself is it really worth it? You have worked really hard and made progress, it's not too late to turn around - but is whatever you are tempted to put in your mouth worth losing more ground? I play head games with myself all the time... "that is NOT my friend" (to a tempting food)..."I already know what that tastes like"... "I ate too many of those and they are all right here (patting a flabby area)"... If worse comes to worse, give yourself a ONE bite rule. That can help deal with feeling deprived, but you need to know if you can stick to one bite. Gross as it sounds, if you have to take a bite and spit it out, do it. Whatever works for you. It is so much easier to maintain weight than to lose it, so just keep going in the right direction. :)
  • ImagineAWorldLikeThat
    Options
    Don't kick yourself too hard. Most of us would't be here if we didn't have the same attitudes or struggles at some point.

Everyone around you with great success on this site seems to have one thing in common - unshakable determination.
    Fall off the wagon, climb back on the wagon and mosey on down the road.

I fell off the wagon in a month long binge and "gained" 6 lbs. I climbed back on the wagon and lost 2.2 (so I'm assuming a lot of that was water weight because I was eating mad soy sauce with shabu shabu & sushi lol).

The time will pass regardless. 6 months or a year from now or two years from now do we want to look back and say "glad I kept going? Or wish I hadn't have given up at first or second or third 'failure'"?

I ate takeout yesterday- every menu has a salad on it, every restaurant has a piece of chicken or some vegetables....if you're busy just try to make a better choice.

You are good. Keep going. Just try your hardest , forgive yourself and give yourself some positive affirmations about when you do get it right : ).
  • srhoades1
    srhoades1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. I was doing good and on track with my goal. I started slipping on logging my calories and so I was not accountable. I have been under stress too, which didnt help either. I can use encouragement to. Today is a new day, and I have recommitted myself to stay strong. I have 25 pounds to lose.
  • Frobie
    Frobie Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You guys are so awesome! :) Thanks for being so kind.

One of the problems is how deceptive some restaurants' foods are. I was just looking at one local breakfast joint's nutrition info online. Their Spinach and Swiss omelette has 1100calories (before the toast and hashbrowns!)...how is that even possible?

Anyway, I'm currently trying to figure out breakfast for the Hubs and I and then I will make a meal plan for the next several days. That always helps!
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Meal planning always helps me. Going to cook up a bunch of food for week and right it down then log as I go each day. The people here are very motivating. I always like to look at the success stories and think that I can get there too! You can do anything you put your put your mind to and if you really want it, it will be done. Onward! :) again sorry about my previous post....take care
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I have the self-sabotaging attitude of "well I've already eating X-Bad-Thing today/this week, what could Y-Bad-Thing possibly do?", ahhh justification, can justify anything!

I have this problem too, though less now because of my new way of thinking about it. If I eat anything and don't track it, next thing I know, well, there goes the day. BUT! that's not true!

Cals in vs cals out. Just because I consumed a little more than I should doesn't mean I need to consume a LOT more than I should. This is the thinking that has been helping me.

For example, I am on a 1200 cal/day limit. Let's say I cave and have some ice cream so I've now had 1400 instead. Well, so I might not lose as much weight this week. BUT that does not give me permission to have that cookie also and drive it up to 1550.

I hope this helps! You can do it. We all make mistakes but it doesn't mean the day/week/month/diet is ruined! Good luck :)
  • TrishLG
    TrishLG Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Just get back on track.
    Remember the better you track your intake and exercise, the quicker you will reach your goal.
    As soon as you are back on track, reward yourself by buying something new that is just a bit snug.
    Keep the motivation going.
  • alifer
    alifer Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    It can be really hard to get back on track. But it is well worth the effort. Especially if you get back on track before you gain more than 3 lbs. I waited to long and had to start completely over. It seems to be much harder the second time around.

You're still here asking for help, which would seem to mean that you haven't backslid to the point of no return yet. You can do it!!!