New to MFP

Options
I just joined MFP yesterday! I'm 43 (44 next week) and female, and live in the Washington DC area. I have a very sedentary lifestyle because I work as a Network Engineer and like to play games on my computer at home, so I sit a lot. I'd like to get more active, eat better, and lose about 85 pounds over the next year or so.

I lost about 75 pounds in 2011 using MediFast, but then my father died in January 2012 and the past year's been rough,and I gained over half of the weight back. It's time to get back on the bandwagon. :)

Replies

• gerongraham
    Options
    Hello.

Sorry to hear about your father. I hope MFP works for you. It has a lot to offer. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me. My mom passed away in 2001 almost 6 months after I got married, then my dad passed almost a year later. I was stressed, my marriage went in the can. Now it has taken me 8 years and 50 pounds of weight gain. I think I am finally on the right path back. I feel better, I don't let stress getin the way anymore. Add me for support
  • aseymour13
    aseymour13 Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    My Mom passed away before my kids were born and my Dad 10 yrs later. My Dad would have turned 90 on the 15th so I understand. You will discover a great network of people and support. I'm around a lot so feel free to add me!