5'10" ladies, goal weight advice pls?

Options
Hey girls,

Penny for your thoughts. I'm 5'10" I'm closing in on my original goal weight of 140lbs. I'm not satisfied though. I am still carrying a good pouch around my midrift, even though my stomach muscles are pretty toned, they're still kind of buried. So I'm dropping my target to 135lbs to see how that shifts it. While all this weight gain & weight loss business has been going on, my shape has changed. So now I am pretty much the same weight I used to be but it does not look the same on me.

Anyone relate?:smile:

What's your goal weights for 5' 10"?

Thanks for the replies :flowerforyou: I really appreciate it :smile:

Replies

• missprincessgina
    missprincessgina Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and happy at 140 ish. Weight training really helped, I look better now than I did when I weighed less. Everyone is different though. Good luck!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I know that I have a pooch when I am at 145. I come from sturdy German and black Irish stock. I can put on lean mass by thinking about doing a push up. At 145, people call me skinny, suggest a medical problem is at work and my decolletage looks downright skeletal and I have a belly.

A lot of people think that liposuction is a way to lose weight without diet. It is actually for situations like this. Sometimes we just deposit fat in ways that we find unsightly but are not at all indicative of needing to lose weight.

I don't think I can ever really get rid of my belly but I like it. I find it sexy.
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", similar stats, hanging out in the 140-145 area. At this point, i still have some fat hanging out around the middle, but I've shifted from weight-focused to body fat % focused. I am about 21-22% now, and would like to get down to 20%. I was advised by my kinesiologist not to go much lower. I've increased my strength training and protein intake, but keep my cardio levels the same (I'm a distance runner). Its only a few pounds, so I'm not doing anything drastic. I want to make sure I have a body I can maintain.
  • ascotton80
    ascotton80 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10.5, goal weight is 150 because at that weight i am a size 7/8 and look great.
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    I'm 6'0" so a bit taller ;) but my goal weight is like 180, maybe 170 if I'm not happy with how I look at 180.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    i'm 6"0" and my goal weight is 160, which is what I weighed in my profile pic (at my wedding).
  • fortysixpounds
    fortysixpounds Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    i'm 6"0" and my goal weight is 160, which is what I weighed in my profile pic (at my wedding).

Wow you look great in your profile at 160, its a good weight on you!
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies everyone :) Its just so strange, people used to always tell me I was skinny when I was 145 before and nobodys tellin me that atm lol. My old jeans don't fit me yet and my dresses don't fit either (even though they're my clothes from when I was 147) so I guess my bodyshape has changed I guess I'll hold off and see what 140 looks like but I think for me to find my shape, it'll be 135.
  • slynnalex
    slynnalex Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" w/ a CW of 163 and goal of 145-150 - not sure what that will look like. People are calling my 'skinny' now, but I can see & feel the weight on my hips & thighs. I think age and having a child changed how weight is distributed on me - now a C instead of a B cup and I'll ALWAYS have the stomach pooch. When I was very thin (135 for me) I still had that. Most of all I want to not see/feel the fat and be comfortable in clothes. My weight loss has stalled and I'm now using TDEE to recalculate what my body needs; MFP had me at 1240 calories which I think is too low. I'm now my activity level, body fat etc. and am at 1400 calories. As I read many times on the MFP forums...weight loss is simple, but it's not easy! Good luck to all the tall ladies!
  • ladyace2078
    ladyace2078 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and weigh 170 lbs. I don't want to lose anymore, just change body composition. I'm a solid size 6 and sometimes wear a 4 in certain dresses. I gave up on the scale last May and instead focused on weight training and other goals like BF%, how clothes fit, how I look in photos and how much strength and endurance I have.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    You can try to cut more body fat through a good weight training and mild cardio routine, but you are reaching the lower end of the recommended weight which means you will be limited by the amount of muscle you have. It's quiet possible you will need to do a bulk phase to get more definition, which means gaining weight back, aka gaining muscle and then follow it by a cut phase.

Essentially, sometimes you just need more muscle.. case in point below.

http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2011/07/21/meet-staci-your-new-powerlifting-super-hero/
  • kathyhb4
    kathyhb4 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

So excited to see all the the 5'10" and over girls here! I'm currently 166, I"ve lost about 10-12 lbs, started at about 178. The pic of me below is at about 150ish and as you can see I'm pretty thin. I see that some of your goals are in the low 140's or even 135, I know we are all made differently with body type, bone structure, muscle mass etc but I would be WAY too thin even at 140 (haha who thought I would ever say TOO thin?) I would love to see some pics of 5'10" at 140 just to have an idea. I'm setting my goal at 157, I am very curvy, boobs, hips etc and dont want to lose all of that! lol

skinny.jpg
  • tiggermamaof2
    tiggermamaof2 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    my goal depending on how I feel is 145. I am mid 20s and 5 ft 10 in. I weighed 132 at 19 and was very very skinny. I felt amazing at 145. after 2 babies I am about 30 lbs from that goal. my body has definitely changed a lot since baby number 2 .
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft 10 " and maintaining at 168 lb.

My original goal was 161 lb, but I upped it as I was worried I was starting to look scrawny. I lift and am more concerned with how I look rather than what a scale tells me.
  • coopsm
    coopsm Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Is it a pouch or is it bloat??? It could just be the foods that you are eating....I know that dairy makes me bloated and I try to avoid it....
    Just a thought....
  • doubleduofa
    doubleduofa Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    5'10" here and goal is 145 right now. It definitely depends on frame and muscle amount, but also what you can maintain. Do you weight train? It sounds like you probably had a lot more muscle (less bodyfat%) last time you were at this weight. There are lots of benefits to it - maybe work on changing body composition for awhile?
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Is it a pouch or is it bloat??? It could just be the foods that you are eating....I know that dairy makes me bloated and I try to avoid it....
    Just a thought....

Good thought! It's definitely a pouch I'm allergic to dairy and some other stuff so I have a very strict diet, I don't touch anything with dairy in it which means I don't eat most processed food. I mostly eat a caveman sort of diet.
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    5'10" here and goal is 145 right now. It definitely depends on frame and muscle amount, but also what you can maintain. Do you weight train? It sounds like you probably had a lot more muscle (less bodyfat%) last time you were at this weight. There are lots of benefits to it - maybe work on changing body composition for awhile?

I've never weight trained, I have hooked acromion joints in my shoulders so I have very little power and certain movements are very painful. I do like boxercise and I do that sometimes but I cant do certain routines and the ones I can do, I cant do too often.

I guess maybe pilates or something would be good to try, I'll look into the muscle thing. Good luck with your journey :smile:
  • fortysixpounds
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

So excited to see all the the 5'10" and over girls here! I'm currently 166, I"ve lost about 10-12 lbs, started at about 178. The pic of me below is at about 150ish and as you can see I'm pretty thin. I see that some of your goals are in the low 140's or even 135, I know we are all made differently with body type, bone structure, muscle mass etc but I would be WAY too thin even at 140 (haha who thought I would ever say TOO thin?) I would love to see some pics of 5'10" at 140 just to have an idea. I'm setting my goal at 157, I am very curvy, boobs, hips etc and dont want to lose all of that! lol

skinny.jpg

Wow you look fantastic at 150lbs!!!!!