Low Carb Diet - No Weight Loss?

Options
It may be too early to tell, but after six days of low-carbing (less than 60grams per day), I'm not showing any weight loss! A little frustrating to say the least. I wasn't expecting magic, but at least 1 pound would have been nice (even if it was water weight). My scale shows the exact same weight as 2 weeks ago (before I even started low carb!). I'm analyzing my caloric/carb intake now with the reporting tool: over the last 7 days, no more than 1500 calories / no more than 60 grams of carbs. This is not an extreme low-carb diet (less than 20g per day) because I hate going to extremes, but I'm wondering if that might be the problem? I'm wondering if my sugar intake was too high? Any advice would be appreciated. Should I try to stay under 20 grams? I think I'll give it another week. If no results, I'm off this bandwagon!

Replies

• h0rserunner
    h0rserunner Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I am on the atkins diet. I eat up to 1500 cals a day and stay at or around 20 gm of carb. If you try this for the first two weeks you should see a big difference.

There is a atkins site that has a lot of great information in it. It sounds hard as heck to stay at 20 gm but Im totally used to It now and really don't miss it. Plus after the first two weeks you can buy the atkins bars that have chocolate and they are super good and make you feel like your having a treat!
  • kimchiandblue
    Options
    I am doing this thing called yoli better body system, essentially a low carb high protein diet. however, there are days during the week that I have to introduce complex carbs back in my diet so that my body doesn't go into starvation mode and start burning my muscle as energy vs burning fat.

when you deplete yourself of all carbs for just a few days, your body has no choice but to burn those carbs already in your system and use it as fuel. by consuming complex carbs (brown rice, vegetables, fruits) every few days, your body will be able to start it's fat-burning process all over again. my diet right now goes as follows: days 1 2 4 and 6 are protein only and days 3 5 and 7 are complex carb and protein days.

yoli helped me lose 40 pounds in under 4 months. I have started a new cycle on 2/25 and have gone from 150 to 145.8 in five days! a few of those pounds are usually water weight but they never come back!
  • marjoriefair
    Options
    Thanks for the advice! I'll definitely look into the Yoli plan.