Breakfast help!

Options
Hi all, at the minute I find getting breakfast difficult. I'm up at 6, on the motorway at 7 and start working at 8. I take a travel cup of tea with me as I just don't get time to prepare a breakfast.
Does anyone have a quick idea that doesn't involve to much? :-)

Replies

• yvnursechick
    yvnursechick Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    instant oatmeal w/ a protein powder mixed in. or yogurt.
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    The night before prepare a breakfast wrap? Veg omlette, cold meat?
    Or a yoghurt topped with cereal or fruit?xx
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Make in advance -

Cut the crusts off 6 pieces of multigrain bread. Use the bread to line each of 6 muffin pans like pastry. Put chopped mushrooms and ham in the muffin cups, crack an egg over the top of each and bake 20 mins at 180 until set.

Yummy cold or hot, you can just grab then out of the fridge and eat while driving. Neat, easy and non messy.

you can also add tomato, spinach, or anything else you'd usually put in an omelette in them :)
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead! On the weekend I like to bake a batch of protein muffins and take one to work with me each day for the week. Also, doing a bunch of hard-boiled eggs a head of time makes it easy to grab-and-go as well. You can also pre-cut a fruit salad the night before and keep it in tupperware for the morning.
  • LisasRoadtolosing100lbs
    Options
    For days when I cant make breakfast I keep quiche cups in my freezer. I make them crustless. Its just egg. Beaters with hot sauce veggie of choose topped with cheese. Baked on 375 for 20 min and freeze til ur ready to eat
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Google "overnight oats" and you will find a million recipes.
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt gives you lots of good stuff

Instant oatmeal and bring a banana (best fruit ever)

pita breaks (need to check if they have some in your area)...they are addictive little pitas with fruits or other things...
    very healthy and so so yummy.
  • joe2626
    joe2626 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Low fat natural yogurt spooned out into a bowl, sprinkle blueberries over the top, some squeezy honey on top, takes 2 minutes to make! Alternatively, scrambled egg whites with one whole egg in there cooked in the microwave with a slice or 2 of wholemeal toast (and I a bit of a brown sauce too) and that takes less than 10 minutes!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Make it the night before
    or
    Have it at work, if possible
    or
    Prepare ingredients in the blender the night before, blend in the morning and pour it into a cup and drink it on the way to work, clean the blender when you get home.
    or
    Sleep 15 minutes earlier and wake up 15 earlier.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    My current favorite quick breakfasts:

1) Put some peanut butter and raisins on a Joseph's 60-cal flax oat pita, add a banana, roll it all up and eat it.
    (Obviously you can vary this--different nut/seed butter, add honey, craisins, nuts, whatever)

2) peanut butter and jelly spread over one homemade whole grain waffle

Or you can make a smoothie in about 5 minutes and bring it with you.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    When I don't have time for breakfast, I just skip it and have a slightly larger lunch. No sense adding extra stress to try and fit breakfast in if you're already pressed for time.
  • dawncolleen0120
    dawncolleen0120 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Bake some muffins, whatever muffins you like, on the weekend and put them in the freezer. On weekday morning grab a muffin, 60 seconds in the microwave and out the door. I just had an awesome oatmeal muffin.

http://www.sugarfreemom.com/recipes/personal-sized-baked-oatmeal-with-individual-toppings-gluten-free-diabetic-friendly/
  • melissarina
    melissarina Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    One word: Banana. It's delicious and nutritious!

I generally have half a banana about 30 mins before I workout in the mornings,
  • valeriewxy
    valeriewxy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    One word: Banana. It's delicious and nutritious!

I generally have half a banana about 30 mins before I workout in the mornings,

This! I love having a banana before a workout or as a quick breakfast option :D
  • JessHealthKick
    JessHealthKick Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have rice set to be freshly cooked in the morning, and have it with an umeboshi (Japanese pickled plum) and a poached egg ontop. You can poach an egg in the microwave EASILY! just put about 1tbs of water in a mug, add the egg, then another tbs of water ontop and put it in the microwave for about 45 seconds (depends how runny you like it). I'm gradually progressing to raw - raw eggs are the rage here in Japan. I also mix flax seeds into the rice for more fibre etc

I ALSO have chia seeds and a soy milk/water + protein shake. It makes my breakfast about 450cals, but keeps me full for 4+ hours with no snacking :)

Make sure you don't just have simple, normal 'easy' food. Instant oats are not good - instant anything has bad chemicals lurking around, as well as extra sugar. Put raw oats on the stove while you do your makeup or something - they only take about 10 mins with occasional stirring - then you can add milk/soymilk and some berries for sweetness and antioxidants :)

Remember, this is your health and your life. If it means an extra 15 mins in the morning and more energy and happiness, then don't slack off!

Good luck!

edit: I don't tend to have just white rice, I mix in black/red/brown/yellow rice and change it up - different flavours AND different minerals :) I love my rice a bit too much hehe
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    I am up at 5:30, kids up at 6, out the door at 7 and to work at 8. I have at least a banana, but usually one egg and two pieces of turkey bacon. Takes 10 min to make and I can eat it quick. I usually pack yogurt, fruits and granola bars for my mid morning snack.

I also pack my lunch every morning (usually soup or lean cuisine for quick and easy), and make sure I have some fresh fruits/veggies ready to go.

Only thing I prep the night before is my coffee pot, gotta have a cup of java to start my day :)

Good luck!
  • Jannalicious
    Jannalicious Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Peel hard boiled eggs and place your desired amount of egg whites in a snack bag..put in the fridge..next morning grab and go...but first grab a handful of raw almonds and toss them in your pocket..Both are loaded with protein to keep you going...also easy eats on the go!
  • greenfalls107
    greenfalls107 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber One caramel crunch protein bars. They are very satisfying and keep me craving food for hours.
  • jaylas_mom21
    jaylas_mom21 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I usually have a banana and a protein bar for breakfast since I eat on the go.
  • Heatherdawnxoxo
    Heatherdawnxoxo Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    if youre into oatmeal, i've been making no cook oatmeal lately ...prep the night before 1/3 cup oats, 1/3 cup milk, 1/3 cup yogurt, a tbsp of melted peanut butter, 1 mashed banana, and i 1tbsp of chia seeds. mix everything together at let it sit in the fridge overnight. just grab it and go the next morning. you can either have it cold or throw it in the microwave for a few. personally i like it cold. and you dont have to follow that exact recipe, you can make it whatever flavor you want! pumpkin, brown sugar maple, strawberry ..etc
    YUM!

a quick smoothie is always easy to throw together too