4g = 1 tsp of sugar

fdobson
fdobson Posts: 28
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
In the course I am taking we learned that 4g = 1 tsp of sugar. I have since been watching closely what I am buying particularly for the kids lunches. One of my kids asked for a "Yop" yogurt drink. It has 26 grams of sugar in 200 ml. That is equal to 6.5 tsp of sugar in less than 1 cup of Yop. Is there any wonder obesity in kids is at an all time high. Check out this report below and divide the sugar by 4 to see how much sugar is in these drinks. It is shocking! http://newworldorderreport.com/News/tabid/266/ID/3633/The-Most-Harmful-Drinks-in-America.aspx

Replies

• It really is criminal how much sugar goes into foods nowadays. Kudos for reading the label and saving your kids the sugar.
  • lilay
    lilay Posts: 122
    Wow that is a ton of sugar! No wonder kids are so hyper.
  • thanks for the info...i was wondering what the ratio was...grams vs. teaspoons....i have been tracking sugar for two weeks now and felt that the sugar allowance was very low but putting it this was gives me a better perspective as to how much i'm really eating! no yogurt drinks for my kids either!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Add sugar to everything........That is how they try to keep us Americans addicted to the crap processed foods.
  • nahhan12
    nahhan12 Posts: 79
    I really wish food labels would have a total daily allowance for sugar like they do for calories, carbs, salt, cholesterol, etc.

If I was drinking "a healthy " drink like V8 or Vitamin Water and it said 200% next to the sugar, I'd think twice.
This discussion has been closed.