Well...

Options
Heather75
Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
I have never really considered myself to be an over-eater. I have always been happy with relatively small portions, but I like to snack. Sadly, I like to snack on crappy foods. I have been very good for the past 2 months and am making excellent progress. However...

I decided to conduct a little experiment and bought myself a bag of those crunchy cheese-flavoured corn snacks, and told myself that once a week, i would allow myself 1/4 cup as a treat. (I'm sure you know where this is going)

I cannot leave them alone! They call to me from the cupboard, begging me to have just one more! They are now in the garbage (dumped out of the bag in case I hear them calling me again).

Anyway, the point is that I learned something. I clearly do not yet have the self control required to have these items in the house and perhaps I never will. It isn't something I will be in a hurry to try again. Moral of the story - if you don't have access to it, you can't eat it!

Replies

• kgasser
    kgasser Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    They are now in the garbage (dumped out of the bag in case I hear them calling me again).

I am super impressed...and in awe!!! YOU GO GIRL!!!
  • elmct57
    elmct57 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    congratulations on beating that little bit of self-sabotage, as i like to call it. i went thru and dumped everything and started with no stashes. seems to work. i've been known to leave the credit card elsewhere so i can't give in at work to the dreaded cafeteria food... too funny that i have to plot to psych myself out, but hey, whatever works. enjoyed your musings!
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the positive feedback. I wasn't expecting that, because I really shouldn't have purchased them in the first place. Live and learn, though, right? :)
  • KiriKiriKiri
    KiriKiriKiri Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Great job on that!!!! I can understand completely! My downfall is veggie chips...and I could eat the entire box (of course they sell them at Costco, jerks!) in one sitting! Ugh...disgusting. Msg central. Great job on throwing them away. No dumpster diving tonight though :)
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Im still like that!!! if its around I will eat it. My husband is a recovering addict (6 years clean) and he says that if there is a line of coke right there on table in front of him he would probably do it. I think its the same for us food addicts, if its in range i am going to eat it! =)
  • FireRox21
    FireRox21 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Way to go on the dumping of the junk! I'm the same way; if it is within reach, I will eat it. I plowed through 6 mini-Tootsie rolls last night. Sadly, they were stashed away under a pile of paperwork with all of the old Christmas candy, but since I knew where it was, I went for it and at it. Felt completely terrible afterwards.

It's tough to throw out stuff in my house though, since I live with my parents who are junk food addicts. In every cupboard, drawer, fridge, freezer, anywhere...there is junk food so the temptation is always there. Way to go though!!