need some help with my meals

Options
i eat the same things almost everyday and its hard to find stuff to eat since im a picky eater. does anyone have any meal ideas for me? take a look at my food diary if you want too. i would just like some input on what i've been eating as well.

Replies

• gabby0507
    gabby0507 Posts: 7
    Options
    That's the beauty of MFP you can eat all the foods you like as long as you log them in and don't exceed you calorie limits. But a good idea woul be to purchasea a cookbook. A good one is the Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. Many of the dishes are delicious and its gives you the calorie amounts and many of them take less that 30 minutes to fix and the ingredients are found at the local grocery store.
  • gabby0507
    gabby0507 Posts: 7
    Options
    That's the beauty of MFP you can eat all the foods you like as long as you log them in and don't exceed you calorie limits. But a good idea woul be to purchasea a cookbook. A good one is the Better Homes and Gardens New Dieter's Cookbook. Many of the dishes are delicious and its gives you the calorie amounts and many of them take less that 30 minutes to fix and the ingredients are found at the local grocery store.
  • AbiLuV
    AbiLuV Posts: 47
    Options
    I think we must have been twins separated at birth! :wink: I hate cooking regular dinner. (If I'm showing off for guests I love it!) I can send you a private message of what I make each week. I make the same things every week so I know how many calories I'm eating and it saves me money on groceries.
  • melodyg
    melodyg Posts: 1,423 Member
    Options
    I looked back about a week and didn't notice much fruits/vegetables. That may be what you are picky on though! :)

Can you let us know what foods you like (or which you don't!)? Do you have time to cook or do you need something that can be thrown together pretty quickly?

Feel free to look at my diary for ideas... though I've been doing a lot of cooking lately and have a higher daily allowance than you!
  • h20lillys
    h20lillys Posts: 31
    Options
    I am a picky eater myself and find myself eating the same things as well. I have been trying to incorporate more fruits and vegetables that i do like into my meals and of course I have chicken!! I am always on the go and always felt that I didn't have time to prepare meals and stuff, but it doesn't take that much time. My trainer told me to try oatmeal for breakfast (not the instant or flavored kind, the real kind) He said to add fruit to it and a little bit of truivia, (I use equal). I have added strawberries to it and blueberries and, it is really not that bad.
    For lunches I was doing sandwhiches, fresh low sodium lunch meat from the deli, not prepackaged.
    I have also found that the purdue chicken perfect portions and i will cook several of them and have them for lunch the next day or dinner again with some veggies. Snacks that I like cottage cheese and strawberries.

Hope this helps.
  • danielle909xx
    danielle909xx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I think we must have been twins separated at birth! :wink: I hate cooking regular dinner. (If I'm showing off for guests I love it!) I can send you a private message of what I make each week. I make the same things every week so I know how many calories I'm eating and it saves me money on groceries.

i would love to know what you eat! maybe it'll give me some ideas:)
  • danielle909xx
    danielle909xx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I looked back about a week and didn't notice much fruits/vegetables. That may be what you are picky on though! :)

Can you let us know what foods you like (or which you don't!)? Do you have time to cook or do you need something that can be thrown together pretty quickly?

Feel free to look at my diary for ideas... though I've been doing a lot of cooking lately and have a higher daily allowance than you!

there's not many fruits or veggies i like. i'll eat apples, the little oranges with no seeds lol, umm.. i like cooked peas and corn. and i'll eat potatoes and sweet potatoes, but if they're mashed. and carrots with dip. i hate that i dont like anything. and its hard to try things!
    and i do have time to cook. i just have noo idea what to make
  • neglet
    neglet Posts: 20
    Options
    I'm not a big veggie eater either; my list of things I don't like is much longer than the list of things I do. But I found a veggie wrap that I love to eat; it's easy to make and pretty nutritious.

I start with a low-carb/high fiber wheat wrap;
    Add 1 T of hummus (which tastes mainly of garlic)
    Add three or four mini carrots (my favorite, add more if you don't like the other veggies)
    Add two slices of avocado (or if you're too rushed to cut one up, a teaspoon or two of guacamole)
    Add three or four grape tomatoes if you like them
    Add 1/2 to 1 cup of raw spinach (which gives more crunch than taste)
    I top it off with a little tiny bit of Thai sweet chilli sauce (about 1/2 a teaspooon), just a tiny drizzle, to give it flavor.

I calculate the total for this at 268 calories, 26 carbs, 13 grams of fat (but it's mostly the good kind, from the avocado and hummus), and 14 g of protein. It's quick to make, filling, tastes yummy even to this veggie hater, and it makes me feel virtuous for eating more veggies than I probably ate during my entire teenage years. I'm sure you could play with this recipe to find something that works for you.
  • ang696
    ang696 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Be careful on the corn and mash potatoes! Those are the worst vegetables for you because they're loaded with starch. And certain dips with carrots can make that really bad for you too. I get a lot of my veggies from my sandwiches - love adding on extra tomatoes, pickles, onions and bell peppers!
    Also, I learned to really like baby carrots by themselves by eating them more, you can really taste the sweetness in them when you're hungry, and I tell myself if I'm not hungry enough to eat something good for me like carrots... then I'm obviously not hungry enough to eat! ... it's been a while since I've had carrots I should go buy some more :)
  • lydaugherty
    Options
    Corn is not a vegetable it's a grain.

I'm really picky too, and I find myself limited. People always say "add more fruits like papya or guavo smavo... and add brocolii and asparagus" and all this crazy stuff, lol.

Dips are full of carbs and sugars, and should be avoided. I can ONLY eat carrots with dip, therefore I just stopped eating carrots :/

If you make beef stew (I make mine with sweet potatos) I can eat the carrots in there.

Do you like canned or fresh cooked peas? I prefer canned. People say I'm weird, but I prefer my veggies from a can.
    I get the "no salt added" canned sweet peas.

I too struggle with "Recipes" or "meals" because of how picky and limited my food is.

I just made chili, a low sodium chili. It's not THE BEST.. but it's pretty good.
    half or a whole onion (or you can leave it out)
    a pound of super lean beef (or you can use turkey)
    2 6oz cans of organic tomato paste (Like.. soooo low in sodium)
    one red pepper
    one green pepper
    one yellow pepper
    2 cans of Bush's best canned pinto beans (rinsed/drained) (you can use kidney beans if you want)
    Packet of chili seasoning (I was lazy, but if you can find the right peppers to make seasoning yourself... do it hehe)

cut the peppers and onions chopped up and put them in a skillet full of water, and boil/cook them until they are soft but NOT golden brown.
    Brown the ground beef or turkey.
    Add the peppers, onions, turkey, together.
    Add the chili seasoning and stir.
    Add the 2 cups of tomato paste.
    Fill up one of those cans 4 times with water and pour into the pan.
    Stir it all up and turn the heat on medium-low.
    Open the cans of beans, and rinse the beans off in water
    Put the beans into the pan.
    Stir it all up and let it simmer/cook for 30 minutes.

I usually suck at making real meals.

Things I eat usually just end up being the chicken breast, with a cup of canned no salt added veggies, a half cup of pinto beans
    I usually eat sweet potatoes as my snacks. I steam them, and mash em up. Or I recently started cooking it chopped up cooked in coconut oil