Let's DO This Together!!!

Options
just looking for some more motivating friends with common goals, I am 33, 5'7, 239 pd. female, large frame, I let myself go after some very stressful things happened in my life, but am ready to put the past behind me and live a strong, healthy life. I am a divorced, single mother of four amazing boys who are my world. I hope to be able to run one day, right now I can't even jog to the corner and back without being out of breath. I have determination but occasionally need a little boost or friendly you can do this support, I as well can give support back, hope to hear from you soon =)

Replies

• macdean01
    Options
    Sounds like we certainly have some things in common. I am 5'4, 235llb, 38yr old single mother of three (2 girls, 1 boy). I joined WWatchers 7 months ago but have really not seen the results I wanted or expected. Come to find out I have really high blood pressure and a thyroid issue and according to my doctor I need to cut my calories back from what WW allows me according to their point system. Anyhow, then I ran across this site which I had completely forgotten about I was already a member of from way back and see the tools on here are really close to yet way better than WW---so here I am again, determined to work on myself and my weight, and looking for some support too. I started this journey over 280IIbs but I still have a ways to go. We can do this together!!
    Kim
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    I'm a little older (50) but always looking for more support. I started MFP two months ago, started at 267, now at 239. This site is wonderful.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I hear you! I need motivation too. We can definitely do this together! I feel as though, right now, MYFITNESSPAL, is my best friend. I open up this app and VENT by entering everything I eat. and If I go over, it pretty much yells back at me whe I see anything in RED. LOL. Let's chat!!
  • macdean01
    Options
    Wow Mamadon that is sooo awesome!! Great job !! That really motivates me and gives me hope!
  • macdean01
    Options
    Sharyn--I used this site way back in 2011 and forgot how cool it is---I love that it calculates everything including fat and carbs and sugar---that is so much more helpful than just counting points or calories. With this I can see how everything I eat affects me and make changes as needed. And I really love when the water glass over flows--it makes me smile and motivates me to drink my water!!
    Kim
  • lovemy4boys79
    lovemy4boys79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me but only if your serious, I've added friends in the past when they start slacking I did too, I don't want that I need that extra push and I'll return it = )