Absolutely Delicious Black Bean Brownies 127 cal 2g fat

Options
lbesaw
lbesaw Posts: 267 Member
Absolutely Delicious-the kids will never know the difference!

Black Bean Brownies (from Dr Oz show 2011)
Ingredients:
1, 15 oz can black beans, drained and rinsed
½ cup agave syrup
½ cup self-rising flour
½ cup egg whites
¼ cup unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking powder
6 tbsp mini semisweet chocolate chips

Directions
Preheat oven to 350º. Lightly spray a 8x8 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.

In a food processor or blender, mix all WET brownie ingredients together. Chop on high, until smooth. Clean off sides and blend for another 20 seconds. Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl (except the chips). Mix the smooth wet mix into the dry and then add the chips in and stir well. Spread into the (8x8 baking pan). Cook for 20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean. Cool for about 1 hour in pan at room temperature.

Frosting
Ingredients
6 oz fat-free cream cheese
1/2 tbsp agave syrup (I reduce this amount to make less sweet)
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp semisweet mini chocolate chips, melted.

Directions
In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 2 tbsp of chips with a spray of nonstick cooking oil.

With a whisk attachment on an electric beater and blend all ingredients until light and fluffy. Spread evenly over the top of the cooled brownies. Allow it to set in the refrigerator for 20 minutes. Cut into 4x4 (16 pieces) 127 cal 2 g fat. Serve and enjoy!

Replies

• meshamoo
    meshamoo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myyovett
    myyovett Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sew3521
    sew3521 Posts: 5
    Options
    I have one a lot like this that I use. Here is mine. It might be a bit less healthy but still not bad

Black Bean Brownies

Ingredients

Butter, for greasing pan
    3/4 cup cooked black beans
    1/2 cup applesauce
    2 eggs
    1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder(dark if I have it on hand)
    2/3 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon instant coffee or espresso
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    1/2 cup mini chocolate chips, divided
    1/3 cup flour
    1/2 teaspoon baking powder
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 by 9-inch square baking pan.

In a blender, puree the beans with the applesauce. Add the eggs, cocoa, sugar, coffee, almond, and vanilla. Melt half the chocolate chips and add to the blender. Blend on medium-high until smooth. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add to the blender and pulse until just incorporated. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips. Pour into the prepared pan. Bake until the surface looks somewhat matte around the edges and still a bit shiny in the middle, about 20 minutes. Let cool at least 15 minutes before cutting and removing from the pan. Dust with confectioners' sugar and serve.