Weight and Dating

Options
2»

Replies

• MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest...I just wrote a big long paragraph about how confidence is key and how if someone asks me out, my weight doesn't bother them anyway, and blah blah blah...

Then I realized the guys who have asked me out in the past have ended up being huge DOUCHE BAGS. And now I got nuthin'.

^^^ LoL Yes Ma'am! I'm right there with you sister.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    If a girl is going to judge you on your size and your weight, they aren't worth your time. My boyfriend is 6'3" and over 300, and I would never look down upon him for it. He was that way when we started dating, and it doesn't matter to me because he has a great attitude and personality. I am over weight too, so I don't know if that's the reason why it doesn't bother me, because I know how it feels, but I have dated quite a bit as a bigger person, and although my weight bothers me, it doesn't ever seem to bother the person I'm with.
    If you have the right mindset and attitude, that's all that really matters. If you are confident (or act confident) with yourself the way you are, others will be too.
  • Leileth
    Leileth Posts: 10
    Options
    You know what ? Never had ANY dating problem since I was like 16. I must agree that before that, I heard loads of "you're not sexy, baby", or "well... er... you're fat." Since that time, I've always been asked out. I had long-term relationships, and short-term ones, also. People who loved me, and people who just thought I was sexy as hell, and wanted me in their bed.

I'm not saying every guy would date me. I'm just saying there are enough of them (and cute ones!) thinking I'm beautiful and so sexy in that 1950's dress I don't have to bother for the ones who don't like me.

And on my side... I dated a guy who was around half my weight. And another, who was definitely bigger than me. Loved each one of them, when we dater, found them handsome, charming, and they made me feel hot.

What's the matter ?

Not weight. Really.
  • cmdoiy
    cmdoiy Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I always felt it was a big hindrance to getting dates, maybe because I had low self-esteem and that's the vibe I gave out. I did a lot of online dating before meeting my husband. My experience was almost always the same: hit it off in emails and phone conversations really well, but when we'd meet in "real life," the first date would be the last.

I remember going on this one date with a guy (who wasn't that great looking, by the way, and who turned out to be boring), and as soon as I got home, I found the same guy had written a new ad, but this time he added the line "please be weight/height proportionate." I felt so sorry for myself.

Be patient and continue working on yourself, both physically and emotionally. When you feel good about yourself, others will see you in a more positive light. You will eventually meet the right person.