Whey and protein powder?

Options
So I've tried the vega protein powder and I loved it.it was great to keep me from skipping breakfast but now I'm out so...I'm looking for some other kind of protein powder (or whey).
This time I would like to build some muscle.I don't really know anything about it though.:/
Which is the best protein/whey powder & what should I get?
Also what is the difference?(if any)
Budget ~under 50$

Replies

• jenniferchapman74
    jenniferchapman74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use and have all my clients use Isagenix. Their protein is undenatured whey protein. Whey is the best for building/maintaining muscle. Not all whey is created equally so do your homework. If you want to know more about Isagenix, let me know and I can fill you in on all the details!
  • kdanean1
    kdanean1 Posts: 8
    Options
    whey is a protein. Vegan protein powders come from plant proteins whey protein is found in dairy. (milk, cheese) thats about the only difference in the 2 i believe....don't quote me though i'm new to this whole protein powder stuff as well. haha your body digests them a little differently i believe but not a huge difference for it to matter. Its more a preference of lifestyle. If you are in fact a vegan then whey protein is not technically going to fit into your lifestyle. if not give it a go...you might prefer it or find out you actually prefer vegan protein. As far as the best...i have no idea..i will say not to buy pure protein brands frosty chocolate....i'm using it right now and counting down the scoops until its gone....its not pleasant haha...anyway GOOD LUCK!
  • SuicideMaiden
    Options
    Awesome!
    I'll look for isagenix but I'm not sure if they have it at trader joes or wholefoods...?
    Also I am a vegetarian so either is fine (I just grabbed the vega powder because it was the first I saw)
  • The1iceQueen
    Options
    I like Walker's Diet Meal Replacement and Met-Rx 100% Ultramyosyn Chocolate Peanut Butter Whey Protein both $22-$26 bucks for 2lbs depends on the coupons for amazon.com. Right now there's a $2 off one on amazon for Met-Rx. I'm a big low carber too so these are wonderful for me with only 2-3 carbs a scoop and lots of protein.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    IMO you should get your protein from eating it...chicken, steak, greek yogurt, eggs, pork, fish etc....
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    well i guess if you are a vegetarian then forget what I said...
  • jenniferchapman74
    jenniferchapman74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
    I'll look for isagenix but I'm not sure if they have it at trader joes or wholefoods...?
    Also I am a vegetarian so either is fine (I just grabbed the vega powder because it was the first I saw)

Isagenix is not sold in stores, look it up online. Plant-based proteins are not compete. There are 22 amino acids, 9 of which our bodies can not produce so we need to get them from what we eat. Protein from animal products are a complete protein which means they have all the amino acids in them. Proteins from plant based foods are not complete so they must be combined in a way that creates a complete protein. Many vegetarians do not get the right amount of protein in their diets. If you want a complete vegetarian protein go to Sunwarrior.com they have good complete vegetarian proteins. I prefer whey myself. I agree that we should get all our protein from our food, but that is not always possible. I am a busy single mom who works far from where I live with both kids in multiple activities, going to school in an entirely different town from where i work or live. I need high quality, quick protein. I am a health coach with a degree in Health...I chose Isagenix, it works for me.