Clenses & Detox?

Options
2»

Replies

• jenniferchapman74
    jenniferchapman74 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I love vegetables. I love all and any vegetables. I bought a juicer to make fresh beet juice for my husband's high blood pressure. So I decided to make myself vegetable juice. I used all my favorite vegetables.

It made me want to vomit. I could barely take a sip. I was nauseated for hours after that. I still don't understand. It wasn't a grossed out feeling. It was almost like taking a medicine meant to induce vomiting. The effect was that strong. I was like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GC1P5jfpphw

The only vegetable based juice I was able to drink was one I dumped loads of salt and tabasco into.

LOL...you need to cut your veggie juice with lemon and/or an apple :) I hate beet juice...so gross! I have been Paleo for the better part of 4 years now, started juicing about 6 months ago and I feel the best I've felt ever...in my life. I am almost 40!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    Comet scouring powder and a scrub brush. works great at cleansing stuff. bathtubs. toilets. sinks.

i don't know about toxins, but you can always finish with some Lysol. that'll kill 99% of any remaining bacteria.

i find it's useful to save old toothbrushes that you no longer use and use these instead of the larger scrub brush when you have spots that are tough to reach.

i hope this helps and i hope your bathrooms and kitchen sparkle.
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    LOL...you need to cut your veggie juice with lemon and/or an apple :) I hate beet juice...so gross! I have been Paleo for the better part of 4 years now, started juicing about 6 months ago and I feel the best I've felt ever...in my life. I am almost 40!

I did try the lemon juice. It didn't help. My husband couldn't stomach the beet juice either. I roast beets for my husband now, then glaze them using a reduction from the leftover pineapple rinds we always have.

The juicer sits in the cabinet.
  • Amanda82691
    Amanda82691 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Coffee enema. Cleans you right out.

What?? lol.
  • otisrose
    otisrose Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Girl, do a juice cleanse, it will change your life.

You'll have to experiment with fruits and veggies at first to see what you like. My go to at the store is always 50/50 ratio of both. (make sure you get your veggies) My cart is full of spinach, kale, apples, cucumbers, zucchini. kiwis, ginger, carrots, oranges, red peppers, broccoli, honeydew, and so on.(People look at my cart and are confused)

Every day I wake up and put a concoction together. I usually do 2 or 3, 24oz juices a day. I would recommend going with a duration your comfortable with at first, 3, 5, or 10 days. You will notice your body really flushing out old waste in the first two days, it's pretty gross what you notice, especially if you've never fasted.

But overall the fast is easy, it's eating clean after it that is tough. It's very important to come of you cleanse properly. Even if it's only 3 days.

I achieved a 60 day cleanse last year and lost 50+ lbs. I did go a little crazy, but in a good way. It's an excellent way to lose weight and cleanse your body of toxins.

So if this is what your searching for, I highly recommend checking out this website, it got me started on my first one. It's very inspirational and should cover all the questions you have!!
    http://www.fitnessthroughfasting.com/juicefasting.html

P.S Don't listen to the haters, if they have never done it, what good is there opinion.
  • otisrose
    Options
    Coffee enemas can cause numerous side effects, including infections, sepsis (including campylobacter sepsis), severe electrolyte imbalance, colitis, polymicrobial enteric septicemia, proctocolitis, salmonella brain abscess and heart failure.[4][6][7][8][9][10][11][12][13] If the coffee is inserted too quickly or is too hot, it could cause internal burning[14] or rectal perforation.[15] Long term use of coffee enemas can lead to malabsorption of fat, fat-soluble vitamins, and calcium.[16]

The use of coffee enemas has led to several deaths as a result of severe electrolyte imbalance, hyponatremia, dehydration, pleural and pericardial effusions.[8][16] The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has ruled that study participants must be warned of the risk of death from coffee enemas in studies that use them

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_enema

Wiki Knows
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

You'll have to experiment with fruits and veggies at first to see what you like. My go to at the store is always 50/50 ratio of both. (make sure you get your veggies) My cart is full of spinach, kale, apples, cucumbers, zucchini. kiwis, ginger, carrots, oranges, red peppers, broccoli, honeydew, and so on.(People look at my cart and are confused)

Every day I wake up and put a concoction together. I usually do 2 or 3, 24oz juices a day. I would recommend going with a duration your comfortable with at first, 3, 5, or 10 days. You will notice your body really flushing out old waste in the first two days, it's pretty gross what you notice, especially if you've never fasted.

But overall the fast is easy, it's eating clean after it that is tough. It's very important to come of you cleanse properly. Even if it's only 3 days.

I achieved a 60 day cleanse last year and lost 50+ lbs. I did go a little crazy, but in a good way. It's an excellent way to lose weight and cleanse your body of toxins.

So if this is what your searching for, I highly recommend checking out this website, it got me started on my first one. It's very inspirational and should cover all the questions you have!!

P.S Don't listen to the haters, if they have never done it, what good is there opinion.

If you're going to do something (arguably) crazy, like any sort of fast/juice fast, make sure you consult your doctor first!!
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

If you're going to do something (arguably) crazy, like any sort of fast/juice fast, make sure you consult your doctor first!!

I absolutely would NOT recommend doing a 60 day juice cleanse. Anything longer than a couple weeks is probably not a great idea. But that said, for a typical cleanse I wouldn't bother asking a doctor - because they'll probably just tell you not to do it. lol
  • otisrose
    Options
  • otisrose
    Options

I absolutely would NOT recommend doing a 60 day juice cleanse. Anything longer than a couple weeks is probably not a great idea. But that said, for a typical cleanse I wouldn't bother asking a doctor - because they'll probably just tell you not to do it. lol

I wasn't recommending a 60-day juice fast, I was recommending the idea.

The both of you are viewing this fast as a weight loss technique, which it shouldn't be used as. It is a way to heal your body of all the **** you've been putting into it for years. Ever heard of "The Gerson Therapy" (whole-body approach to healing, naturally reactivates your body’s magnificent ability to heal itself – with no damaging side effects*) , "Fat, sick, and nearly dead", did you even look at the website I posted? I doubt it, you just thought your reluctance towards fasting was substantial enough. Caution! Caution! Western medicine says NO!

Western medicine also says "symptoms" are the disease. Where as, Holistic medicine sates "symptoms" are healing processes. For example, if a doctor decides that the blood pressure is "too high" he may give a drug that forces the body to lower the blood pressure. However, the blood pressure may be raised because the blood vessels are lined with fat and other foreign substances, and the heart actually HAS to raise the blood pressure, to work harder to get blood to the various parts of the body. The body is making the best of a bad situation. Fix it, don't forget about it. I suppose "my" juice fasting can be labeled as preventative care, and I use this along with exercise and clean eating, which are the most important! If anything, fasting makes you more aware of what you put into your body, how dairy make you phlegmy and how a sugar high is like crack. It ties your physical and your metal state closer together. I'm not trying to change your mind, it's fine to be skeptics but make sure you look at both sides. And if it's not something you would do, then where is your constructive criticism? Where is your reply to the cleanse/detox question?

http://gerson.org/gerpress/the-gerson-therapy/ (*)
    http://www.fatsickandnearlydead.com/
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options

A brief list of things I have never done and yet feel justified in my opinion of saying they are not good:

Heroin. Starvation diets. Hitting your hand with a hammer. Drinking enough water as to induce death. (Yes, it can happen.) Getting hit by a semi truck. Wrestling with an angry bear.

And so on and so forth.
  • amye004
    amye004 Posts: 32
    Options
    Deleted.
  • otisrose
    Options

A brief list of things I have never done and yet feel justified in my opinion of saying they are not good:

Heroin. Starvation diets. Hitting your hand with a hammer. Drinking enough water as to induce death. (Yes, it can happen.) Getting hit by a semi truck. Wrestling with an angry bear.

And so on and so forth.

That's pretty funny. I appreciate the humor.

Thanks for the flip of the quote, your stance on the matter is noted!.

I'll remember not to use that childish line again.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I like to drink apple cider in the morning. I think it helps cleanse my insides. If i am feeling sickly sometimes i'll replace a meal or two with a smoothie/juice. Just because i feel like it gives my body more time to focus on healing itself and less time focusing on digesting all the food i enjoy stuffing into it.

I personally find that most cleanses dont work. Mainly because if you cant maintian your will power enough to eat healthy food now, i doubt you'll be able to do it after starving yourself for 3-5 days. Not that all cleanese require starving yourself, the fact is just that most of them do require a very low daily caloric intake for an extended period of time.