No Bake Energy Bites

Options
miss_ally08
miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
So I have never tried no bake cookies but I hear they are along the same lines of these bites!

The recipe is adapted from Gimme Some Oven! They are delicious, clean eating, & just plain yummy!

Ingredients:

2 cup (dry) oatmeal (I used old-fashioned oats)
1/2 cup natural creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flaxseed
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup honey (mine came out a bit sweet so next time I will cut this amount in half, but if you have a big sweet tooth it should be fine! This is necessary, it REALLY helps it stick together)
1/2 cup of dried fruit (I used blueberries)

Method

Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour. Once chilled, roll into balls of whatever size you would like. (Mine were about 1" in diameter.) Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.

Makes about 20-25 balls.

You can also incorporate chocolate chips, toasted coconut flakes, nuts, protein powder, etc!! :)
I put mine in a air tight container lined with wax paper and stuck it in the freezer. 1 week later still fresh and tastes amazing (I think it tastes better cold, if it warms up a bit it starts to crumble I noticed)
Nutritional Info: Mine comes out to be about 115 calories, 3 grams of protein, 2 grams of fiber (it sounds like a lot but it is very filling to me and one definitely satisfies a sweet tooth!)

I would love to hear if ya'll try it or make them what you put in yours! Enjoy!! <3

Replies

• bnjones23
    bnjones23 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    This sounds yummy!! I have everything to make it too!! Thanks girl!!
  • miss_ally08
    miss_ally08 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    You are welcome! Trust me, if i like it anyone will - certain clean eating recipes well have sucked for me (like those cottage cheese protein pancakes? Yuck!) but I was really surprised. Mine tasted like a blueberry muffin with the dried ones!
  • lucyricky2
    lucyricky2 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    what is sugar count? sounds really good