Hello. I'm new w/o friends.

Options
Hi everyone! I am now intothe beginning of my 2nd week using myfitnesspal. I'm doing great so far but I'm not all that great with my workouts. I'm a 31yr old single mother who stands short at 5'3 and I'm now down to 184lbs and I'm looking forward to my new body. This journey has not been easy, my 6 year old has been on top of things with my eating habbits. Hahaha!! A little support and motivation would be great :D I think I need help stepping up my workout game.

Replies

• gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your journey! Lot's of support here...feel free to add me :o]
  • ebearit17
    ebearit17 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You aren't alone...I'm having a hard time getting into the workouts myself. I've gone over my calorie count a few times as well:( I'm a mother of two (ages 9 & 11)... 5'0" and 160 lbs... Feel free to add me...maybe we can motivate eachother :)
  • lab_goddess
    lab_goddess Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    MFP is a great place to help you remember your motivation! You have to grab that workout time whenever and where ever you find it! Even if it is only 10-15 minutes at a time--it can all add up!
    Feel free to add me as a friend! Good luck!!
  • hjsyndrome
    hjsyndrome Posts: 215
    Options
    Welcome, and there is plenty of support here. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • btr1fly3
    btr1fly3 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thank you all for being so inviting! I just realized how to accept the friend requests ;P I look forward to completing this journey with all of my new MFP army of friends! We Can Do This!
  • tabbysue
    tabbysue Posts: 8
    Options
    whoa girl i know how u feel. i am a 22yr old single mom also, my daughter will be 2yrs old in september. plus... i am exactly how u are wit the height working against u, im only 5ft 2in!!! so i have to be very very careful cuz my heighth shows my weight so much more. it is a rough jouney but girl it is so worth it. good luck! ull do great!
  • balfonso
    balfonso Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!

This site is fantastic. It really opens your eyes to what you consume! It's certainly made me wiser to the choices and activities I make! :laugh:
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! Keep logging, drink your water, and keep moving!!! Good luck to you!!
  • literaryshots
    literaryshots Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I'm a single mom too. I know just what you mean about finding it hard to stay motivated with the workouts part. I work two jobs and want to hang out with my daughter so some nghts all I want to do is just end my day on the couch. Try commiting to at least 10 minutes-whatever time of day you're working out. Usually if I say I have to do 10 minutes I can eek out at least 30. I also keep a few notes in a journal about how I feel. When I realize how much better I feel and sleep it too helps motivate me to keep at it.
  • brieann
    brieann Posts: 16
    Options
    I'm new as well I've been on here for about 2 weeks, like it so far but need to be adding me some friend for support. I am 5'3" also and I'm up to 176lbs, I really want to llose 36lbs by me birthday in Nov, but i've been saying that since my last birthday and I keep getting further away instead of closer