soft tofu ideas anyone?

Options
ripemango
ripemango Posts: 534 Member
I am looking for something to do with some leftover soft tofu that doesn't include it being an ingredient in a smoothie or for miso soup. Note: I do not have any nutritional yeast.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you :))

Replies

• zonah
    zonah Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I like to stir fry my organic med soft tofu with bran oil, soy sauce, miso 1 tsp aprox, ginger and honey. Yumminess
  • riveraphx
    riveraphx Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I make this recipe all the time, only with ground chicken or turkey. I bet it would be really good with tofu.

Here you go:

http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html
  • Stavakoli
    Stavakoli Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    As a dessert: Chocolate tofu pie. Sounds strange but it's actually delicious!

12 oz Tofu
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/2 cup soy milk
    8 to 10 oz chocolate chips (or large Hershey's chocolate bar)
    Reduced Fat graham cracker crust

Blend ingredients in blender or food processor, pour into crust and refrigerate. Super easy and really really good!

8 servings at about 190 calories each, depending on the type of chocolate, milk, etc.
  • ripemango
    Options
    I'll do this then! I have some mushroom flavored soy sauce that is just outta this world. I usu have a tub of miso paste in the frig just in case i get a calling for some miso soup.
    I like to stir fry my organic med soft tofu with bran oil, soy sauce, miso 1 tsp aprox, ginger and honey. Yumminess
  • ripemango
    Options
    I am basically going to combine the above recipe and this one. I will be replacing the beef w the tofu, but still including the ginger, garlic, sesame oil, scallions, etc from the one you posted.

dang, i think this is gonna come out pretty tasty. Thanks guys!
    I make this recipe all the time, only with ground chicken or turkey. I bet it would be really good with tofu.

Here you go:

http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/2010/05/korean-beef.html
  • ripemango
    Options
    soft tofu lends itself very well to dessert type pies. thank you for sharing this 1 :)
    As a dessert: Chocolate tofu pie. Sounds strange but it's actually delicious!

12 oz Tofu
    1 tsp pure vanilla extract
    1/2 cup soy milk
    8 to 10 oz chocolate chips (or large Hershey's chocolate bar)
    Reduced Fat graham cracker crust

Blend ingredients in blender or food processor, pour into crust and refrigerate. Super easy and really really good!

8 servings at about 190 calories each, depending on the type of chocolate, milk, etc.