I need more support:)

brieann
brieann Posts: 16
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
My name is Brie, I am a mom of a ten year old boy, and a wife of 13 years, I have been battleing my weight for about 7 years now. I really really want to lose 30 lbs. by my birthday in Nov. I get very little support at home, and with friends.

Replies

• lieblingsbunny
    lieblingsbunny Posts: 10 Member
    Well, good thing you found us then. Bring on the support! (but seriously welcome, and you can so do it by Nov)
  • sorellabella
    sorellabella Posts: 133 Member
    Welcome to your new journey.
  • You got it all the way here girlfriend! Glad you found us :) Welcome! Adding you now.
  • AlexDyer
    AlexDyer Posts: 1
    You can do it. Just stay focused and take one day at a time. It sounds cliche but if you just try to be good each day all those little victories will add up and get you to your goal. Good luck. I know you can do it!
  • boniekatie
    boniekatie Posts: 147
    This is a great place for support. Welcome. :heart:
  • VickieMW
    VickieMW Posts: 285 Member
    Welcome! I have been hear for a few months and have no friends! I will be your friend and support you!
    I believe in you and I know - If you REALLY want it - You Can Do It!!!!!!!!!!!! Blessings. Vickie
  • faye_daisy
    faye_daisy Posts: 148
    I just started and I am right there with ya! !0 years of marriage and 4 kids i feel like a whale!
  • edinbors
    edinbors Posts: 112
    Welcome to you! This site has been so encouraging for me. I have only come upon this site on June 1, 2010 but I really LOVE it so far! I started working out in April. I have lost 6 lbs but just started counting calories. Just know that the beginning was SO very hard to get started. I had to force myself to workout everyday. I had some I hate to say "meltdowns". But once you get passed that you start "craving working out and you look forward to doing it. I also bought some weights for my ankles and wrists to burn extra and help tone. I also have started Jillian Michaels "Yoga Meltdown" and I gotta say I LOVE it. She can be tough (not as much in this DVD) but I really like her. Also she has a new show on called "Losing it with Jillian". Very very informative. Keep it up you can do it! You start to feel amazing about yourself! You will start to enjoy this just give it time and really push through those hard parts! If you need help, more support or just wanna talk let me know I am on here daily!! Good luck to you!
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Came to the right place :flowerforyou: , this sight is Awsome!!! You can so loose 30lbs by Nov. Plan your meals, you can tell how good or how bad your doing when you log them in. I do mine a couple days ahead so I know what I can and cant have, buy lots of frozen veggies and steam a couple cups with meals, hardley any calories. Salads are good but dont get burnt out on the same old same old. You need to be creative and try new recipes, check out the community here theres good ones. So, 3 good meals a day, snacks under 200 calories, try eating every 2 to 3 hours, so you dont over do it at your mealsl drink lots and lots of water, and move around, no sitting in front of the TV get out of the house, garden, walk, ride a bike keeping busy gives you more energy, try yoga for the stress at home, this is about you, about making you happy, Oh dont forget about your rewards (not food :grumble: ) simple rewards, some walking shoes, a bike , Also know what you want out of life and go for that, we got your back here, so when ever in doubt or depressed, before picking up that donut a 1 minute fix you will regret, ask here, I think I have a recipe to make everything low in calories, healthy except donuts, but I do have my cake and eat it too :laugh:
  • fooja
    fooja Posts: 451 Member
    I just started and I am right there with ya! !0 years of marriage and 4 kids i feel like a whale!

lmao......i also have 4 kids and feel like a beached whale!!!!!!!!!!!
  • lisajuly
    lisajuly Posts: 240 Member
    Welcome...you've come to site with lots of support!
  • hey there,

I am in the same boat. My goal is 30 pounds by my birthday in November as well! When is your b-day?
  • ciaobella47
    ciaobella47 Posts: 95 Member
    30lbs by November? You got this in the bag! :) Counting calories has been eye opening. I actually thought I was doing alright on calories until I started logging it. Knowing has made a huge difference and I hope it makes a difference for you too. It can be a little annoying to look up and enter in information for each item BUT stick with it and gets faster and easier.

PS- I could use a buddy too!
  • sindylou
    sindylou Posts: 5
    Having my results post on my Facebook page is really helping me stay on track. I have lots of friends and they all know when I don't track my food, when and when I don't exercise and how much weight I have lost. Am I a nut or what? I think that may be TMI Too Much Information. But... It is helping me keep track and.... focus is a factor right?

Good luck.

Sindy:drinker: :blushing: :love:
  • brieann
    brieann Posts: 16
    my birthday is nov. 22nd
This discussion has been closed.