HELP!!! questions about sugar intake...

Options
Ok on this wonderful journey one of things I learned is that my sugar intake was too high. I have eliminated soda, never really ate cookies, ice cream or things like that. I mean once in a blue moon, but not often. So here is my dilemma, well one of them... I love fruit, but I am limited to the ones I can eat due to allergies. But if I eat a green apple a day, I basically use up the sugars for my day according to this web site. I need some help, advise, suggestions, HELP. How can I eat fruit and not go over my sugar?

Replies

• indianaangel
    Options
    I am always over my sugar intake because of apples as well. However, I am still losing weight. I think that as long as you are eating healthy sugars and not refined sugars and you are still losing...don't sweat it.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    Limit yourself to 1 or 2 pieces of fruit a day. Then don't worry about the sugar intake if it's coming from the fruit.
  • Mtleiker
    Mtleiker Posts: 160
    Options
    thats when you need to weigh out the pros and cons. you have no need to feel bad. the benefits of eating apples outway (by far) the cons. i can eat up to 3 apples a day three times a week. keep in mind these are healthy sugars not artificial. Exercise will balance that out for your and use the sugar from the apple as energy.
  • JENNY7634
    JENNY7634 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have two peices of fruit every day and I dont sweat my sugar count because of it. I only worry about sugar that is added or in sweets. I gave up soda and stopped putting sugar in my coffee ect. I used to stress about the sugar thing on MFP but did a lot of research and found that sugar in fruit should not be counted...its natural. My opinion ( no expert by any means lol) just worry about added sugars and sugar from candy, desserts ect. Im losing at a good pace so its working for me!