easy scallops recipe please !

Options
Debbiedebbiey
Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
I bought scallops, thawed them out yesterday, but not motivated to make them, could I just toss them in some olive oil & Mrs dash ? I have some Italian bread crumbs, any ideas ?

Replies

• rcarlow
    rcarlow Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I bought some a few weeks ago. I sauteed them in a small amount of coconut oil with garlc and minced ginger and sprinkled top with teaspoon of toasted unsweetened coconut and a tiny bit of lemon juice. serve on a salad with pan juices as dressing.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I like them with a liitle lemon pepper and garlic powder.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Flash fried and then add lime juice, chilli and coriander. NOM!
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Yup, sauté them in a little olive oil with garlic and lemon juice. Enjoy!
  • KittyViolet
    KittyViolet Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Sear them in a pan with whatever fat you prefer to give them a nice, crisp brown crust (about 5 minutes per side). Whip up some spicy mayo by combining mayo, Asian hot sauce (like Sriracha), bit of lemon juice, and some finely chopped green onions (all to taste). Toast a whole wheat bun, liberally apply spicy mayo, toss on your seared scallops, and top off with your favorite veggies (I like arugula and cucumber). Tada! Scallop burger!
  • mamamia05
    mamamia05 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I bought some a few weeks ago. I sauteed them in a small amount of coconut oil with garlc and minced ginger and sprinkled top with teaspoon of toasted unsweetened coconut and a tiny bit of lemon juice. serve on a salad with pan juices as dressing.

YUM!!!!!! thanks for sharing!
  • Debbiedebbiey
    Debbiedebbiey Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    You all rock ! I have 2 more bags, I'll try them all :flowerforyou:
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Now I'm going to have to go buy some scallops! Yum!
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    We always just rolled them in flour and sauteed (my Dad uses butter for that, but I prefer to use a healthier oil like olive or canola). He's also crushed up soda crackers and rolled them in that and sauteed. You can get them pretty crispy that way.