First time post (My Story)

Options
Hi MFPers,
I've known about MFP since September, but have not posted until now. Just a few quicks things about me and why I am on the site. I am 6'4 and used to play sports in high school, which meant that I had two perfect excuses for not caring about my weight. My height allowed me to look thinner than I actually was and when I was playing football I was supposed to be "big". Fast forward to a few years into college, and I realized my weight was out of control. Freshman year it was the dorm food. The past couple years it has been a lack of exercise coupled with late night delivery food. When I went to the doctors a month or so ago, I was in for a surprise: I weighed over 325 pounds! I had never broken the 300 barrier before let alone go far above it. I knew it was time for a change. So when I joined MFP I had two goals, one was to get to 200 lbs and the other was to never give up. I know this is a process and there probably will be slip ups, but I have never been more motivated to do something in my life!

Replies

• avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Welcome!
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome.. this is a great site to get support and motivation..
  • scadgirl20
    scadgirl20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You'll find a ton of positive support here. Feel free to add me. I try to get on here daily and post.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an amazing site .........wishing you much success in your healthy lifestyle and feel free to add me :smile:
  • skadoosh33
    skadoosh33 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your goal! You will be pretty lean at 200 since you are 6' 4". That's equivalent to about 176lbs for a man my height at 6'. You might even find yourself happy at 210-220 depending on muscle size.
  • 5hellz
    5hellz Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am on here daily and try to reply or post at least once a day so feel free to add me =)
  • tialynn1
    tialynn1 Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site! I love this site. Good luck! You can do it, you have a great attitude.
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options
    You've come to the right place! Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • TerriAnne53
    TerriAnne53 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    well this is the place to be. I love it. started here Jan 6th, 2013 and must say I love having MFP as a place to track food and excercise. I am so happy you have found us here. good luck and it's great that you have taken this step to get fit and healthy.
  • alfbedoun
    alfbedoun Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey! Welcome here! Feel free to add me as a friend. I wish you the best of luck on your journey!