My Body Media calorie adjustment scares me!!!

Options
Hello!
I've been wearing my band for almost a month... At first it was lower numbers that were showing up on MFP but lately my numbers have been in the 1000's which makes me think my band is broken! Some nights I work and we are super busy building pallets and other things which usually count for moderate exercise and some nights we are completely dead with nothing to do but sit in the office. Those nights I try to throw a workout in there but I don't always make it... Basically what I'm trying to say is when I don't think we are that active at work I come home sync my band and I'm astonished with how many calories I've actually burned!!! Has anyone's band been dysfunctional? And really is this thing totally accurate??

Replies

• hollie5by5
    hollie5by5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have the KI Fit which is the UK version, I have only been wearing it for 3 days and each day I have burned around 3400 calories. I couldn't believe the amount as I did no exercise just running around after kids and working. I contacted the company and they took a look at my figures and said it was completely normal. I have been trying to follow a 1200 calorie diet but haven't lost much weight, the lady said my calorie deficit was over 2000 a day and my body has gone into starvation mode as im not eating enough. Im too scared to up my calories to over 2000. What is your daily calorie burn like?
  • michellecairns391
    michellecairns391 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    hi im new to fitness pal what is a ki kit and where do you get it from
  • GetSetGo73
    GetSetGo73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    KiFit is the UK version of the Bodymedia Fit and other similar names.

I have been using one on and off for about 3 years now.

The supplier in the UK is Ki Performance take a look at their website http://www.kiperformance.co.uk/ and it will give you all the info you need.

HTH

Lisa