Calculation help

Options
I started MFP this morning and I am starting to think I am being too aggressive to soon and need assistance re-calculating my calories. My stats are:
27 male
6'3
265lbs

My BMR is 2263 with a sedentary TDEE of 2716. I chose to go with 2lb wight loss a week so my calorie limit is 1716. That is a lot below my BMR which is what my body is required to survive healthy. I am starving right now and I believe this is to little of a calorie consumption for a man of my size. Can anyone give their input on this? Any and all advice is welcome!

Replies

• Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I think you answered your own question! Your TDEE - 20% is still 2172. I would try 2300?
  • Ronnie715
    Ronnie715 Posts: 29
    Options
    I think you answered your own question! Your TDEE - 20% is still 2172. I would try 2300?
    Well what exactly is the difference between using MFP calculations and TDEE-20% calculations?
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I'm not even close to being an expert! But with MFP, you would be eating back your exercise calories. Have you been doing that?

Have you read this post?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
  • Ronnie715
    Options
    I'm not even close to being an expert! But with MFP, you would be eating back your exercise calories. Have you been doing that?

Have you read this post?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12
    I am even more confused after reading that. I changed my activity level to lightly active and dropped the weight loss goal from 2lb to 1.5 and I am given a limit of 2300 which is about 40 cal higher than my BMR. I am so confused
  • Ronnie715
    Options
    Any other input?
  • Ronnie715
    Options
    Anyone else? I am getting very hungry with growling stomach shortly after I eat one 2300 cals a day and this is only a 500 cal deficit... For instance, I have 650 cals left for the day and I still have to eat dinner and I am going to be up till midnight and im starving now