6 month Plateau - Tried somethings-Looking for help please?

Options
Good Morning, Afternoon or Evening.
I'm 27 years old and currently have a weight loss of 49lbs which I am over the moon about.
When I started Mfp I was eating between 1300-1400 calories a day and it helped me lose the last 18lbs. I have approx 18-20lbs more id like to lose but my weight loss has hovered around the same 2-3lbs now since September.
I have used the road map post to re calc some numbers and eat my TDEE -20% which was approx 1600 cals for 5-6 weeks with a loss of 0.5lbs. I then tried eating my BMR which is around 1550 for 5-6 weeks with only 1.2lbs loss.
I work out 2-4 times a week burning on average between 300-400 calories which I eat back. I have over the last 2 months lost nearly 6 inches from all over, which again im happy about but would still like to move some weight.
In January I cut sugar out off all tea, coffee and from adding it to cereal.

You are welcome to look at my diary but I haven't been 100% on logging recently but I know I'm still near my calorie goal as I still keep track.

Thank you very much to anyone how reads this far, if anyone can give me some advice or suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Many Thanks
Vicky

Replies

• jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    YOU ARE NEVER SUPPOSED TO EAT UR BMR OR GO BELOW IT!! and try something new with your exersize!
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    You have not been logging everyday. The last week is half logged if that so there is no way to know what is happening. My guess would be you are over-eating when you aren't logging.
  • MichaelBrewer2634
    MichaelBrewer2634 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What type of exercise are you doing?
  • rascallycat
    rascallycat Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If you are going by your TDEE-20% you should not be eating your exercise calories back. Those are already calculated into your TDEE. You may want to re-run the numbers to make sure they are correct and log all of your food. Mix up your exercise routines, try some new stuff and see if that makes a difference. Personally, I prefer the loss of inches over the loss of a few pounds.
  • kirstie1926
    Options
    i've just checked out your diary and it seems like your food choice is actually fine. have you thought about recalculating and finding your bmr and tdee? maybe you're burning more than you think and aren't eating enough. 1500 calories seems a little low if you're exercising as much as you're stating. try upping your calories by 100-200 a day. also keep in mind that maybe you're gaining muscle, which is why the inches are coming off but not the weight.
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    You need to eat something before lunch time. It can be light (toast/boil egg with tea/coffee, or a smoothie - 2 teaspoons peanut butter with 8 ounces low fat milk) will keep you going for a while.

As the others have said, you are not logging and should in my opinion not be eating back your exercise calories (I know I was doing the same and weight was stalled). I was on 1200 calories, the hunger was unbearable, upped my calories to 1600 and decided to forget about my exercise calories. I have lost 6 pounds since February. Have a look at my dairy and see if there is anything there that can be of help to you.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies so far.

When I was eating TDEE -20% wasn't eating back my exercise calories.
    Breakfast is missing this week because I tried 16:8 IF but found I was feeling foggy and low before lunch.
    I use a heart rate monitor so I know what my calorie burn is.
    I haven't logged this week as iv been back and forward to the hospital this week (TMJ) that's why half of my diary is missing.
    Exercise wise I was doing 20-30 min of cardio with 20-30min of machine weights, recently changed to 16-20min Hiit and doing more free weights, squats, lunges planks etc. Although this has only been two weeks.
    Also some weeks swim for up to an hour or take a few exercise classes such as Power Pump or Step class.

I think I will try not eating back my exercise calories and try eating approx 1600 calories a day.
  • kirstie1926
    Options
    20-30min of machine weights, recently changed to 16-20min Hiit and doing more free weights, squats, lunges planks etc. Although this has only been two weeks.
    Also some weeks swim for up to an hour or take a few exercise classes such as Power Pump or Step class.

I think I will try not eating back my exercise calories and try eating approx 1600 calories a day.

Sounds great all the hard work you're doing. Since you're now incorporating some strength training, like you said, it's a good idea to up your calories a bit. try it for a month and see if there's any difference. you don't have anything to lose...well, actually, i hope you will ;-)
  • Bookchick887
    Bookchick887 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Well, I will probably get some flack for this, but what worked for me was the 17 Day Diet. I know-I know, this is a 'lifestyle' but sometimes you need to jump out of the rut and shake things up.
    Now, let me tell you this: I only used the 17 Day Diet (phase 1) for 7 days. It was enough to knock off a few lbs and since I only have 3 more to lose, they have been coming off slow! Just my opinion.
  • vicky1804
    vicky1804 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Thank you,
    If anyone can think of anything else im all ears