Just not feeling full

Options
... and please don't tell me it is that I'm thirsty. I stopped counting my 20 oz. water bottle refill after the 18th time today. :-)

For the last 2 or 3 days, I've had nothing but "hollow' days, where I feel like I am constantly eating, but never full. I've been eating lots of protein and veggies, but am HUNGRY!!! My stomach growls, all I can think about is food and I've started snacking - any suggestions to help sate my unfufilled stomach and lower my risk of derailing my progress would be much appreciated!

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    what's your calorie goal?
  • FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    ... and please don't tell me it is that I'm thirsty. I stopped counting my 20 oz. water bottle refill after the 18th time today. :-)

For the last 2 or 3 days, I've had nothing but "hollow' days, where I feel like I am constantly eating, but never full. I've been eating lots of protein and veggies, but am HUNGRY!!! My stomach growls, all I can think about is food and I've started snacking - any suggestions to help sate my unfufilled stomach and lower my risk of derailing my progress would be much appreciated!

I think i'll jump into this thread, today is like that for me, i just can't stop eating :(
  • BadNamePicker
    BadNamePicker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    (don't yell) I've got it set at 1200, but I usually eat around 1800 and with exercise I still usually end up under by 300-400 calories each day because I'm full. It's been that way for the last 2 months - until the last couple of days.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Add veggies to your day.. I'm always full and I eat a ton of veggies in my meals and in between them. I have a hard time eating even 1200 calories because of it. It might be what you are eating. Foods that stick with you might help? i'm not sure.. peanut butter oatmeal nuts etc..

Sometimes I find i'm just craving something crunchy or something sweet and I don't realize it, so I eat everything else and nothing satisfies me.

Or beer.. that is quite filling.. lol
  • RMNPHike
    RMNPHike Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just need some nice, filling carbs - good ones. Today I was starving and I realized I had been mainly eating protein, fruits and veggies. I made some oatmeal with flax seeds, non-fat milk, a little peanut butter, and a banana. It was GREAT!
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    When you are eating a lot of meat and veggies you need to up your healthy fats. They keep you fuller longer. Avocados nuts etc
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You might have an ulcer or some acid reflux. Seriously. Try some tums AND a Pepcid complete.
  • nomicat77
    nomicat77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    try exercising first thing in the morning, i walk in place at a high pace on my wii. it will boost your metabolism for the rest of he day, that and green tea with every meal, but not arizona green tea thats full of corn syrup, your own green tea with stevia. i add another herbal tea with it. just for different flavors.
  • BadNamePicker
    BadNamePicker Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Wonderful suggestions! I will try them all!
  • TheTrimTim
    TheTrimTim Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fibre full foods will fill you up. Not all veg for example is the same. Try some good old broccoli. Brown rice is a great filler too.
  • roxierachael
    roxierachael Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    When this happened to me, it was my body building muscles and speeding up my metabolism. If you're hungry, eat 200-300 calories and then wait 20 minutes. If you're still hungry after that, then eat a bit more.
  • NotBuyingIt
    Options
    I'm with Trim Tim on this one! Your last few days are the story of my life! I never ever felt full until I started drinking green smoothies based on raw kale or chard. I usually added a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar and cut up bananas and frozen mango pieces (a little water for fluidity) and keep drinking the other water to ensure you have enough to digest all the fibre! This is what I did until I started drinking raw kombucha which greatly improved my digestion. I drank it every day for about three months, but I noticed results after only a few days. I now digest my food properly and eat much less, many years later:) Good luck!
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Eat if you are truly hungry. Listen to your body. It's not going to derail all the work you have done.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    (don't yell) I've got it set at 1200, but I usually eat around 1800 and with exercise I still usually end up under by 300-400 calories each day because I'm full. It's been that way for the last 2 months - until the last couple of days.

might be a sign that it's time to up your total calorie intake (and if you're getting too full to eat, make yourself eat anyway). recalculate your TDEE - 20% and give that a try
  • WhyLime113
    WhyLime113 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

might be a sign that it's time to up your total calorie intake (and if you're getting too full to eat, make yourself eat anyway). recalculate your TDEE - 20% and give that a try

This! If you usually eat around 1800, raise your calorie goal closer to that. Like 1700 or 1600. Then fill up on whatever makes you full (veggies, fibre, protein, what have you).
  • DAASE
    DAASE Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sometimes that's just the way it is! Hormones......."that time"......crappy weather.....it all contributes! Sometimes you're body is craving something that it's just not getting. There are days I eat like I'm on death row and I can't figure it out!! I've learned to curb this by eating LOTS of protein in the morning.
  • JeanDescole
    JeanDescole Posts: 152
    Options
    I just eat 250-300 kcal meals throughout the day, or if I have three big meals the main component is fruit, VEGGIES :P or oat-related, because it is harder to digest and even manages to keep my dad full (full time policeman in London) from 7 o clock till 12 !!
  • jgbkab
    jgbkab Posts: 24
    Options
    When I feel that way, I usually just revert back to something that I ate in the past. For instance, one day right after I ate dinner, I was still hungry. I ate a waffle with syrup and was fine after that. I definitely am not a clean eater but I did cut way down on sugars and starches. I think you just have to figure out what your body is craving.
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Eat piles of vegetables that are bigger than your head. :)

That's what works for me. I eat ridiculous amounts of raw zucchini, roasted brussels sprouts and sauteed greens.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    On days I am like that I try to eat soup cuz its usually not too high calories and I feel much more full after it.