Insanity Nutrition Guide

Options
In the nutrition guide, it says I should eat 5 meals a day, but I don't have the time to. Is it good and healthy to eat the 3 regular meals a day with a protein shake after my workouts?

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    the five meals a day is to help you not get hungry. if you only have time to eat the same amount of calories in fewer instances, that's fine.
  • MrsCTC
    MrsCTC Posts: 5
    Options
    The 2 meals in between can be protein shakes. It is so you don't get hungry between meals risk over eating.
  • Lorihart
    Lorihart Posts: 1
    Options
    The five meals a day are very important...... they don't have to be sit down meals. the importance is to fuel your body like a furnace. we need to eat every 3 hours or so to keep our metabolism working... if your body feels starved it wont shed fat..
  • Casstevens133
    Casstevens133 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have 3 proper meals a day but always factor in 2-3 snacks to nibble at. I find I need them at around 11am and 3pm when my energy levels lag a little
  • arnie421
    arnie421 Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks everyone. One more question. Is it okay to have your snacks back to back. The way my schedule is, I eat Breakfast, Lunch, Protein shake after a fitness class, protein shake after home workout, and then dinner.
  • seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. One more question. Is it okay to have your snacks back to back. The way my schedule is, I eat Breakfast, Lunch, Protein shake after a fitness class, protein shake after home workout, and then dinner.

yes, that is fine
  • BreakingOath
    BreakingOath Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The five meals a day are very important...... they don't have to be sit down meals. the importance is to fuel your body like a furnace. we need to eat every 3 hours or so to keep our metabolism working... if your body feels starved it wont shed fat..

What about the people who use intermittent fasting to lower their body fat percentage?

It's all about calories in vs calories out