Am I doomed to stay at this weight? Help Please!

Options
I started my journey in January 2012, SW was 162.8 lbs and BF% was 32.5% according to my weight watchers scale. The thing is I have been doing P90X, Insanity, Strength Training with dumb bells and weight machine, and the treadmill. i did p90x the first 3 months, then I moved on to Insanity the next 2 months, then I did a hybrid alternating days between P90X/Insanity for the rest of the year. Now since January 2013 I did Les Mills Body Combat through January, then went back to P90X/Insanity hybrid through February till now. My current weight is149.6 lbs, body fat % is 27% according to my scale. The problem I am having is I control what I eat in a healthy manner most of the time, but I am human and want to enjoy life while I am here so it's not perfect. However, I have been flucuating this same weight from 145-150 lbs since October 2012. I have changed calorie intake, then excercise routine (i work out 6 days a week/with rest on Sunday) averaging 400-800 calories burned everyone of those 6 days. I am at a loss as to what I am doing wrong, why this last 10-15 lbs just won't go away! Am I doomed to weigh in the high 140's for the rest of my life, I hope not. Am I not eating enough? Every time I add calories higher i put a couple lbs back on. Am I excercising too much? I enjoy I can't help it, I am active, can't stand to sit around. Any advice anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I won't give up, I'm athletic, it's not in my nature. So please if you see something wrong in my diary please help me out. Maybe I can get down to 130-135 lbs like I want to without losing all my muscle. thanks in advance to anyone who helps me.

Replies

• ajhugz
    ajhugz Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I don't think you're doomed. I think you should track your measurements because the scale may not change but you can still lose inches. Also weigh yourself in the morning after peeing and before eating a drinking. Try the same time each weigh in. I also think you are eating enough. If you want to add healthier options have a salad once a day with spinach or mixed greens and fresh veggies. I think eating more veggies is the main reason I've been losing weight. Its good for digestion too. The closer you get to your goal the harder you have to work and changes come even slower. Give what you're trying time to work. Are you following MFP given calories?
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I looked at your diary for a few days and I saw way too much processed foods including lots of sugar. You asked so my opinion is eat a lot more whole foods like veggies, fresh fruits, eggs lean proteins that's not a protein drink. I don't know if it'll work for you but it sure did work for me when I thought I was doomed to stay at 136-138 for the rest of my life. Now I'm 126 and going downward.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Pop tarts for breakfast every day, little to nothing for lunch, and eating out every day is definitely hindering your progress. Too much sugar, too much processed food; you need to knock off all of the cookies and candy. You are working so hard but cancelling it all out because of all of this crap food. Sorry if that sounds harsh. I've been where you are at and once I tightened up my nutrition, I saw a HUGE change.:smile:
  • Kathe2
    Kathe2 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Start eating real food. Eggs for breakfast, instead of the pop-tarts and protein powders would be a good start.
    Meat and vegetables and fruit will get you the results you are looking for.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I doesn't look like you're eating back your exercise calories. You should be eating most of those back (at least half) everyday. I agree with others that you eat a lot of processed food, but you don't have to give up your daily poptart. But, you might want to include some more fresh fruits and veggies.

Check out Sara's success story, she eats ice cream every night:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/903628-one-year-of-barbells-and-ice-cream-my-story-so-far-pics
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Ditto what has been said. Your Fat is coming from crappy food like cookies, candy, processed food that has no nutritution to it. Your body is crying out for good, wholesome foods. Remember, you can NOT "out-excercise" a poor diet. Feed your body.....what it needs....your workouts are fabulous. Cleanup the food, eat tons of fresh/steamed/frozen/raw/boiled naked veggies, eat whole berries, any nuts should be unsalted and raw... snack-size amount. Your sodium is way overboard as is your fat totals. Eat a leaner naked protein, skip the breading it just adds massive sodium levels. Take to heart what everyone has said, it WILL work for you.

Good luck to you.
  • sneckerdoodle
    sneckerdoodle Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I do weigh every morning before I do anything. I was doing eggs for breakfast but can only take so much of that. I change to oatmeal get tired of that which is why I been on 1/2 pop tart here lately. I'll go back to healthy breakfast and my apples which fruit does fill me up. But I'm betting it won't work I've been back and forth for over a year. But I will try again. Thanks y'all!
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Change your breakfast during the week for a month. Junk what you are eating now and have a boiled egg, two strips of bacon and a cup of coffee. You will be full until lunch and cut your morning calories in half. All other things being equal, you should start seeing tangible results in two weeks.
  • SARgirl
    SARgirl Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I started out close to your starting weight. I will say that it took me a good 5 months to lose those last 10 pounds. What worked for me is setting my goal to .5 pounds lost a week and eating my exercise calories back. I also started weight training which may help you with body composition.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a food scale? Enter your own recipes? Log everything you eat?

I was having a ton of trouble getting below 142. I would just lose and regain the same 3 lbs over and over. I took a diet break and then I really tightened up on my logging accuracy. When I came back I had no trouble losing the last 12 lbs.