I feel BAD Binge Blues

Options
I ate good all day on Friday. Went to a party and starting drinking (had 3 vodka diet cokes and about 3 full glasses of red wine) Then after that - a double cheese burger and fries from Macdonalds. And at home I ate nearly a full bag of noname ketchup chips.

The the morning comes - I down diet pop, polish off the rest of the chips. I have Mr. Noodles for lunch along with a half big bag of plain chips and 50cents worth 5cent candies. Then a homemade burger for supper. And tonight, an icecream sandwich, more candies, a twix bar and more ketchup chips.

I haven't exercised since Thursday and I feel I need to pray hard to God tonight so I can wake up and go on a healthy kick again and do my Day 10 30DS tomorrow. Then heavy weights on Monday. Then badminton on Tuesday. And so on and so on.....

I just really need to hear that I didn't demolish my fitness plan and that I will STILL reach my goals because I'm doing so well.

Anyways, that's it I guess. Cheers to our fitness goals!

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That doesn't sound like a binge to me. Just do better tomorrow.
  • kaypat09
    kaypat09 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    We've all had days like that. You didn't demolish anything. It's how you pick yourself back up from the bad days that shows your true colors! Tomorrow's a new day- just look at everything you've put in so far. Make sure it's worth it in the end!
  • lawtechie
    lawtechie Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You haven't undid your successes. The very first thing I'd suggest to do (before going to bed if you can) is to Log. No quick add, that's skimping out and not being accountable. Log what you ate and hopefully learn from it and when you feel another bad day coming on you an always look back on it. For me, just seeing quick add 2000 calories and not knowing went into that doesn't help.

You've worked hard for awhile now, and one day of bad eating won't knock it down. Get a good nights sleep and plan out your meals , your HEALTHY meals, for tomorrow :)
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Bad days can be tough - especially on us emotionally! On Monday I had a HORRIBLE day - ended up eating close to 3,000 calories and usually eat 1,500. I felt like a disgusting pig and I was very disappointed in myself. The next day, I vowed to get back on track...and I did! I actually ended up losing 1.8 pounds so far this week! A few bad days are not going to hurt you in the long run. Learning from this setback will help you when you face your next hard day. Don't throw away all of your hard work on one bad weekend! You are worth jumping back in the game as soon as you can! Good luck!!!
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    ketchup chips? are you in the US? I thought they didn't have ketchup chips.... :explode:
  • Emtabo01
    Emtabo01 Posts: 672
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/12145-50-day-binge-free-challenge

You should join, really helps keep you accountable.
  • TaylorBreh
    Options
    Dont let it get you down.
    This is what I tell myself when I feel like Im about to binge; "Your in control of your body, what goes in is what you put in, nobody is forcing you to do it."
  • kimosabe1
    kimosabe1 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    what does your A1C run with you eating all of that candy?
  • Liz915
    Liz915 Posts: 123
    Options
    You haven't ruined any of the hard work you've put in. Everyone has bad days every now and then. I've had a lot of those lately so I know how depressing it can be, but just don't let it get to you to the point where you give up. You gotta get back up and get back on track. you can do it!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    BarbaraCarr1981 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    ketchup chips? are you in the US? I thought they didn't have ketchup chips.... :explode:

What? No, Im in Canada. lol
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Ahhh, I feel better already! Started today off with a cup of Fibre 1 cereal mixed with yogurt! Thinking maybe an egg/grilled cheese sandwich for lunch with carrot sticks on the side. An apple and peanutbutter wrap for pm snack and OH BOY - turkey dinner for supper - Load up on the turkey, easy on everything else that comes with it.
  • rgilbrechtminter
    rgilbrechtminter Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for sharing your story. I've been having a 2 month relapse and am trying to get back on the horse. My bad habits including drinking and then over eating (cause my judgment is impaired).

It's good remember that others are struggling but able to pull it back together.

Keep up the good work.
  • wandarb
    wandarb Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

I am glad you are feeling better. Good for you for your original post that takes courage.

You are on the right track and you will succeed.

I have found the following affirmation helpful after a slip:

Don't feel badly about a slip,
    Put it behind you and
    Move forward.

Wishing you all the best on your journey.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lambchoplewis
    Options
    Been there and done that!!! When this happens to me, It takes a few days to feel better. I get back on track the next day and keep going. This is a life long thing. Saw this quote and it helps:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    Been there and done that!!! When this happens to me, It takes a few days to feel better. I get back on track the next day and keep going. This is a life long thing. Saw this quote and it helps:

If you're heading somewhere in the car and wanted to get there by 5, but realized you were going to be a few minutes late, would you just give up and swerve into a bridge abutment?

Nope, I would put the peddle to the metal!!!
  • BarbaraCarr1981
    Options
    That doesn't sound like a binge to me. Just do better tomorrow.

Curious what ur definition of a binge is? Thx
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    That's not that bad. Trust me, the past three days have been well over 3000 calories for me EACH DAY :O but I'm picking myself back up and doing better. It's the long run, not a few days, that counts in the end. As long as you don't give up, you'll be okay!