What a difference 25lbs makes!

Options
I was invited to attend a employee appreciation dinner last night for work. It was a business casual type catered dinner at a local yatch club. Normaly I would have stressed all week about what I would wear and how I would do my hair so I can at least look and feel decent enough to show up. Then sit there uncomfortable all evening looking around the room and being self conscious about people looking at me and feeling like the biggest person in the room. Last night was the first time in a VERY very long time that I was actualy able to leave work, come home, change into something else without thinking about how I look or feel and walk out the door. My spouse was running late so he decided to meet me there instead....when I walked in we walke over to the bar, ordered myself a non-alcoholic drink then started mingling with other people. Somehow we got seperated and that was ok because I actualy felt confident! At least 4 different people walked up to me telling me I looked great and telling I've lost tones of weight. :smile: Even a close friend of ours told me I was melting away! Everytime he sees us I'm smaller than the last time. I actualy was able to enjoy my evening...worry free.

I was proud of strutting my stuff in my baggy clothing!!

WOW what a difference not stressing out about your image makes! What a difference 25 lbs make! I still have a long ways to go but I am so liking the added bonus changes in my self esteem! Defenitely worth all the hard work!!

Replies

• msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I am so happy you have a renewed confidence and you are right its amazing what 10, 25 or 50 lbs. can do on your ego! I am 1.5 lbs. away from the 50 lbs. lost and boy do I feel like I walk a little more upstraight, etc. now even though I have a bunch to go still. You are obviously doing amazing and you gotta keep going :wink:
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Your post made me smile. Good for you. It sounds like your confidence levels are through the roof right now. Keep them there! You're a great motivator.
  • ceecee33
    ceecee33 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm happy for you! Self confidence is so much more important than what the scale says. Enjoy it and keep up all of your hard work!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Awesome story.....I can only imagine how great a night you must have had with that new feeling of self confidence....yeah you

Keep going strong......
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Way to go! It's always good to hear positive stories.:happy:
  • catfan
    catfan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • ChellieIrish
    ChellieIrish Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Absolutely can totally relate bet you felt a million dollars :bigsmile: Nothing beats going to the wardrobe and pulling out something to wear that fits ... feels and looks great on you :drinker:

Here's to the next milestone :drinker: :drinker:
  • weidner
    weidner Posts: 127
    Options
    Congrats to you and just think, the next time that person sees you, they'll see even less of you then!!!!!
  • SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That's Fantastic!!!
  • kaboomba
    kaboomba Posts: 4
    Options
    Well done you!!Must be so good having all that confidence!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just want to say well done!! I'm so glad you've found confidence with your weight loss. A lot of women haven't been able to do that just yet, even with the weight loss. And great job on your efforts to lose the weight. Keep meltin' away!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!