Input on my workouts?

Options
laurs22
laurs22 Posts: 11 Member
Hi guys! I was just wondering if any one had any input on my workouts, if they are good enough and what not..
So I try to do something everyday a normal day looks like this:
-wii sports active 30 day challenge (30 min)/or 30 day shred
-30-45 min walk/run with my dog I try and run for a minute, walk for a minute..working my way up!
-maybe a 10 minute bike ride around my very hilly neighborhood.

Any suggestions, or do you think I'm doing good so far? I'm really lost haha. I do have a gym membership but I find it harder to get the motivation to get in my car and drive over there.

Replies

• TLC1119
    TLC1119 Posts: 26
    Options
    I personally think that sound great to me as long as your keeping active
    the running in interval is good
    *running walking running walking*
    You got me motivated to odo my thing
    Continue the great work

BTW I have a Wii fit how is it going for you have you lost because of the Fit
  • laurs22
    Options

BTW I have a Wii fit how is it going for you have you lost because of the Fit

Thanks!! ha I'm trying to get moving.
    I'm not really sure if I have lost because of the food tracking, wii, or just more movement hah I'm sure its a combination. But I have lost about 3 pounds in 2 weeks. I can definitely see more definition on abs and legs though and thats definitely from the wii sports active because its the only strength training I am doing.
  • jacolyncoker
    jacolyncoker Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    That sounds pretty good to me! Do you have a mountain bike though? Because if your town is as 'hilly' as you describe it, you are going to be very tired, even in just 10 minutes! I ride my bike everyday for two hours as my main excersize, so thats how I know. I avoid as many hills as possible haha,

Oh and a tip for going up hills, lean into your handle bars as you do it, it evenly distributes the weight putting less strain on your body.
  • laurs22
    Options
    That sounds pretty good to me! Do you have a mountain bike though? Because if your town is as 'hilly' as you describe it, you are going to be very tired, even in just 10 minutes! I ride my bike everyday for two hours as my main excersize, so thats how I know. I avoid as many hills as possible haha,

Oh and a tip for going up hills, lean into your handle bars as you do it, it evenly distributes the weight putting less strain on your body.

Yeah I have a mountain bike hah I can barely go for 10 minutes cause my legs are dying! So I'm slowly building up the muscle. Thanks for the tip! This is the first time I have ridden a bike since I was like 12 and it was never this tiring when I was a kid haha.
  • Hotabs
    Hotabs Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi laurs2
    am new started Monday. Well done with yr exercise. I am weight training for 1 hr 2 or 3 times per wk, and Jogging round my park which takes 9 mins every morning. Have managed 4lb loss so far. So it's good to know that am not the only one out there training ha ha. What's yr goal weight?
  • Utefootball2010
    Options
    Hey Laurs...

If you are consistently losing every week than I would stick with what you are doing...

I personally don't think that anyone's workout plan has any flaws... If it fits you and you are losing than that's all that matters... Now if you hit a plateau... Than I would change something up... Like maybe go running instead of biking... Or maybe go to the gym to lift weights...

Please let me know if you have any questions... I love helping people with their physical fitness... Plus you're in Utah... I love my home state people... :)
  • PaleoIsPossible
    Options
    It sounds pretty decent to me, except you don't have any weight training in there to help build some muscle.
    Weight training is important, obviously, to help build up your strength but aslo, the more muscle you have, the more calories you'll burn as you work out. Plus you'll look fit, not just skinny (and toning up can give you a nice "lift" in certain areas... your butt, boobs, etc to help your figure really stand out - in a good way). You don't have to Hulk it up at the gym or anything - just go 2 or 3 times a week, even if it's just for half an hour each time and do some reps with lower weight. On the days you do your legs, just do a light cardio work out - if any.