What's your favorite 30 minute DVD to transform?

13suzie
13suzie Posts: 349 Member
Any ideas? I hear great things about p90x but I don't have the time. I need to supplement my running routine with an efficient full-body workout. I should probably build some muscle at this point but don't want to deal with going to the gym. With kids at home, DVD makes sense. HELP?!

Replies

• CrimeanGurl
    CrimeanGurl Posts: 103
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is my absolute favorite!
  • tracygreenw
    tracygreenw Posts: 7 Member
    Ive been doing TurboFire and Insanity ...alternating bw the 2...I have 3 yound kids so I understand! :) Turbofire is greast...less intense than insanity but a great workout...plus the kids laugh at my moves lol:smile:
  • lynn_hickey
    lynn_hickey Posts: 80 Member
    I second that - 30 day shred is awesome! And there are 3 levels, so you can keep changing it up!
  • carfamily08
    carfamily08 Posts: 179
    Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred! I have some before & afters in my profile (and I didn't take pics before I started so it is from the end of level one, and the end of level three). 27 minutes start to finish, you just need weights (or soup cans) and a mat. I did it in November/early December and am doing it again this month. The DVD is under $10 at the store or free on YouTube :)
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    30 Day Shred - Jillian Michaels
  • 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Thanks to all of you. Gonna do it. Day 1 is tomorrow. I'm going to start with 30 day shred bec I know where to pick it up and it's cheap. But thanks also for the turboFire/insanity rec.

Cool.

game on.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Not a DVD, but an awesome free app - Nike Training Club. It's full of workouts ranging from 15-45 minutes, huge variety, some use dumbbells, some just body weight, some are more cardio, some are more focused to certain areas (arms, butt, back, legs, etc).

I've been using it for about a year, and I love it! :love:

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    30 Day Shred by Jillian Michaels is my absolute favorite!
  • loriband
    loriband Posts: 54 Member
    A friend and I just got done with 30 day shred. I am trying some of the older Billy Blanks tae bo, another friend doing Jillian's kickboxing.
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Not a DVD, but an awesome free app - Nike Training Club. It's full of workouts ranging from 15-45 minutes, huge variety, some use dumbbells, some just body weight, some are more cardio, some are more focused to certain areas (arms, butt, back, legs, etc).

I've been using it for about a year, and I love it! :love:

http://www.nike.com/us/en_us/c/womens-training/apps/nike-training-club

I second this! I have never actually used it but did look at it. I do Nike Training for Kinect (xbox) and it is very similar and I love it. But I also do 30 Day Shred and once a week do Jillians Cardio Kickboxing (my fav video ever!!)
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    I'm on day three of 30 Day Shred. I like it. =) Can't say I've seen any results yet, since it's only been three days.
  • bluebuggy1970
    bluebuggy1970 Posts: 70 Member
    Ripped in 30is another good one by Jillan. Levels are challenging and sure 35 minutes from start to finish. I use this one and the 30 day shred.
  • Papillon22
    Papillon22 Posts: 1,160 Member
    You mention weight lifting, I love Chalean Extreme for that. I don't have weights at home, and I use elastic bands for the exercises (there's a lady in the videos following along with bands). Love it!
  • thoess
    thoess Posts: 16
    I really like Jillian Michaels 6 WEEK 6 Pack abs - 35 minutes - 2 levels of exercises

Good strength, really good abs - really hard workout