How many calories do you try to burn a day?

Options
I usually get to around 300-350

Replies

• trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i try and average 300 which brings me up to a 1000 cal average deficit per day. But it varies - like today i did 1333. It just depends. I like to get over 1000 at least one weekend day, if not both. On dayd where I have sports coaching/umpiring/playing it's usually during the school day so I try to make sure I still go for a walk, so that adds up too.

I'm set as 'lightly' active because on a busy work week i AM lightly active but most of the time it's probably closer to moderate.

STILL this is working for me, for now.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I usually get to around 300-350

• sydneyaw
    sydneyaw Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow I wish I could burn 1000 or even 2000 a day...
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    If I work out, I try to burn at least 300, hopefully 400. But I only work out 2-3 days a week.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options

you can. I don't do that hardcore excercise...walking, stationary bike, swimming. It's only 2x a week i play sports and maybe once a month some dancing :)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have a target calorie burn - I just do what I need to do for that day's workout. I run three days a week, anywhere from 3-5 miles, and resistance training three days, and always take one day off. Seems to be workin' for me. :smile:

Edited to add: I think my average calorie burn is probably 300-350 a day, depending on how far I run.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I actually don't have a target calorie burn - I just do what I need to do for that day's workout. I run three days a week, anywhere from 3-5 miles, and resistance training three days, and always take one day off. Seems to be workin' for me. :smile:

Edited to add: I think my average calorie burn is probably 300-350 a day, depending on how far I run.

Same here.

I'd say I average between 250-400 per day.
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'd guess between 300-450 or so, depending on what I'm doing that day. My workouts are 45 minutes to an hour and a half, three days strength training, three days cardio of different types.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    depending how much energy i have between 400 - 600 a day, back when i was away for work i was averaging 1000 a day walked every where
  • fakeplastictree
    fakeplastictree Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Whatever amount I burn doing what exercise I plan.
  • honkytonks85
    honkytonks85 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

You already do :)
  • mwbulechek
    mwbulechek Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I try to achieve 800-1500 a day.
  • oneworkoutatatime
    Options
    on cardio day about 1200-1500cals ( takes about 65 mins), and if I feeling really good some times 2000 cals ( takesd about 2 hours)
  • keninf
    keninf Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Between 300 and 500 is pretty normal for me depending on how far I run, but on days when I walk more, hike, ride my bike, etc. It can go higher.
  • underwater77
    underwater77 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    850-1000
  • shinkalork
    shinkalork Posts: 815 Member
    Options
    well..it depends..i've been doing insanity and p90x back to back and i was losing from 300 to 800 cal depending.
    BUT...now i'm doing Body Beast and weights doesn't count as well with an HRM so since it's not accurate we don't measure it.

But....You still burn a lot doing weights ..... The only problem is ...I have no clue how much exactly!

But I would say that I try to burn around 300-500 cal a day and twice a week (martial arts day) I go major burn i burn around 1000-1200 cal.
  • Happylady123
    Happylady123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I burn between 300-500 calories per day, except for my long run day when I usually burn at least 1,000. I take one rest day per week from exercise
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    usually between 350-500. But depends on how much I am home and what kinda time I have during my day. I wanna up it a little to where I do atleast 40 minutes of cardio and atleast 15-20 minutes of weight training per day. the other day I did both a 55 minute kettlenetics one with kettlebells and 35 minutes of Ab bootcamp and had done cleaning as well so that day was somewhere around 1450 calories burned for that day but wanna try for somewhere in the 650-700 range for the day and will be happy.
  • ambascom
    ambascom Posts: 59
    Options
    Around 300 a day. It's winter here, so when we get hit with a lot of snow, I like to shovel. Then it's closer to 600. It also depends on my food and my schedule, but I try to stick arouns 300-400. When the snow melts and I can do more things outside, I will up it to 500-800
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Enough to make sure there's room for chocolate every night.