Need Support

Options
Good morning
I am new to the site and have decided that today is the day that I will lose weight...I have 30lbs to lose and would love to have it gone by tomorrow, but unfortunately as we all know life sucks and that won't happen. I'm tired of my clothes being to tight and only wearing sweats because nothing else fits. I know I can do this...I just really need support and someone to hold me accountable. I live in a NH after my husband received a job promotion and while this was a great opportunity for my husband it meant leaving everyone that I love behind, it also means I am on this journey alone. I love love love to cook, however I love butter and cream cheese and baking with my girls in the kitchen, which I know is not good for the weight loss journey. I would love to gain support on this site as well as get some tried and true recipes from all of you that is not only so yummy but good for you as well. I hope we all make our goals and have a fun time doing it..
Mandy

Replies

• AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Hi Mandy! I am Amanda. Welcome to MFP. You will love it here!
  • breesoamazin
    Options
    Hi Mandy! I am new also and I am fed up with my weight. I will be 25 in July and I have decided that it's time to get this extra weight load off of me. I have 120lbs to loose but I an more determined and focused than ever. I'm here for support as I am going through the weight loss process with you fellow MFP buddy!!!
  • bjberry
    bjberry Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    I love love love to cook, however I love butter and cream cheese and baking with my girls in the kitchen, which I know is not good for the weight loss journey. I would love to gain support on this site as well as get some tried and true recipes from all of you that is not only so yummy but good for you as well. I hope we all make our goals and have a fun time doing it..
    Mandy
    I typed 'low-fat desserts' into the internet and got several suggestions, including this one. It not only covers desserts, but meals, etc.
    http://www.lowfatlifestyle.com/desserts/dessertindex.htm
    Enjoy! And drink lots of water. :drinker:
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    :smile: hello, and welcome... I have only been here a few months but I love this site. Good luck on your journey!
  • JustGizzy
    JustGizzy Posts: 38
    Options
    Hi Mandy,

Welcome to MFP..You will love this place..Everybody here is awesome and they have all kinds of really great stories and challenges they do. I have not been here long but in the short time i have been here I love it.. I have 90 more pounds to go before reaching my goal weight..I was on WW since May of 2009 and just swtiched over to this program not to long ago....You can add me if you would like and I would be happy to support you and I have lots of really great WW recipes I can share with you as well..

Hugz
    Giz
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    Options
    Hi Mandy

Yes you can do this and no it won't be an overnight experience but its a journey worth taking. Its tough feeling along but as you get out in the community to walk or ride your bike you'll probably find some like minded folk. I too love baking and cooking and take my recipes from Cooking Light magazine. If you haven't read it - try it - you'll find their stuff amazing.I've lost 27 lbs so far- my goal is 5 lbs a month and I had a 7 week plateau so I'm a bit behind but I'm not letting that get me down. I figure it will take me to Dec or Jan next year to reach my goal of reaching a healthy weight and BMI.

Add me as a friend and i"ll be happy to support you in your endeavor!!

Jessica

PS: I use butter too. I'm trying to give up over processed foods and lets face it - there's nothing nature about I Can't Believe its Not Butter !!
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi, I think we have about the same weight to loose. I never had a weight problem and as I got into my 30s I was just in denial and the weight just kept coming on and I kept waiting for it to fall off, It never did. So welcome to the sight.. I use to like to cook, I would like to find that part of me again.. Maybe we could help each other find some health things to bake... My kids would love that!!! (me baking)
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Mandy! I have been using MFP for a couple of months now and I totally love it. It has really helped me make a lifestyle change that was much needed. You will find this site very helpful and the community is extremely supportive as well. Try to log in everyday because it will definitely keep you accountable. Good luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • maemccoy
    maemccoy Posts: 7
    Options
    It's going to be really exciting for you to learn new recipes and a new way of doing things!
    You've got a ton of support here!!!