Sore Feet... Help!

Options
I've recently gotten back into working out after major shoulder surgery - I am now taking yoga classes and also trying to do some home videos. I'd really like to try to get into jogging (because there are many beautiful paths in my area!) BUT I can never find shoes that don't hurt my feet in some way... Does anyone have any tips for how to find some awesome shoes???

Replies

• mairead287
    mairead287 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Go to a proper sports store that specializes in running shoes and that can do a proper gait analysis. Everybody is different and therefore you need running shoes suitable for the type of gait you have!

Also, have you had your feet checked for plantar fascitis...I have that and it can be very painful especially as I'm on my feet all day with my job but I got a pair of Sketchers for work and they have they kind of curved sole similar to MBT's and they really seem to have done the trick for me!
  • tobirhae
    tobirhae Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store and have them help you pick out shoes. Make sure you go up at least a size from your regular shoe size when buying running shoes. I normally wear an 8 1/2, but my running shoes are 10s. But the best thing to do is go to a running store, they'll help you figure out which shoes are best for you.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. My feet ache during workouts to the point of sometimes cramping. I'm planning on going to a runners store. They make custom shoes.. I'm told they are like $130 which isn't bad considering you could buy a pair of Nike's for the same price.
  • Miss_Tina_Marie
    Options
    Just wanted to report back - I went to a professional who picked out shoes for me. They are amazing, I can work out (and have used them a couple times now) and I have no pain whatsoever. Awesome - definitely worth the investment!!! :)