Hyperhidrosis (HH)

Options
13»

Replies

• HisangelG
    HisangelG Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have the exact opposite problem. I don't sweat at all. Not even in the hottest, humid weather. Means I have to really work to stay hydrated as I don't notice it like I would if I sweated.
    I have never heard of that. Thats interesting to find out.I have to work hard at staying hydrated as well but just because of the loss of fluids from all the sweating. Do you find you overheat?

I have the same thing---have never "worked up a sweat" in my life. I always figured it had something to do with being hypothyroid (which I am). I overheat badly--have all my life. Once, when I was a kid, on a hike at Girl Scout camp, during very hot weather, I passed right out. I told my scout leader that I didn't feel well and she observed that I was totally red all over my body but said I should keep going anyway. About a minute later, I passed right out--I'm lucky I didn't suffer severe heat stroke--which can be lethal. The other girls poured their canteens of water on me which is the correct treatment for heat stroke. I've always been very careful since. The only exercise that I tolerate well is in the water.
    Exactly. For me, no outdoor exercise except in water. Indoors, I stay in air conditioning. The heat stroke is horrible. Good thing you were with girl scouts who knew what they were doing. Feel bad the leader didn't. We have to be very careful of heat stroke/exhaustion and stay aware of our surroundings.
  • jnativ
    jnativ Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have HH, I'm not sure if it's genetics or due to obesity. I sweat at slightest movement, my 'hotspots' are my face and back (thank fully not the armpits) I try to cope with this by doing swimming for my exercise (can't see the sweat haha) I'm hoping that when I lose enough weight they will also go away :)
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I have never been diagnosed with this but I definitely perspire more than most. When I am anxious or exercise a lot I my head sweats and my hair gets wet and sweat drips off the ends of my hair. That was really embarrassing when I worked as a substitute teacher. The first couple of weeks back until I settled into a pattern was the worst. I still sweat more than the average joe. But I can just be sitting still and break out in a sweat for some unknown reason? I can definitely empathize! I do have hypothyroidism which might be an underlying cause.