First 5k!

Options
I sat on my couch eating brownies and making 2 babies for the last 3 years. I decided to do a 5k out of the blue a month ago. I trained for a month and finished my first 5k this morning. It was even hilly terrain. I beat my personal best by just under 2 minutes and completed in 30:53! Can't wait for the next race in 2 weeks!

Replies

• Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You are my hero. I wish I would have started running at your age. I waited until 52 (stupid, I know). That is awesome and you have a beautiful baby in your photo. :) Keep up the AMAZING work!
  • LusineY
    LusineY Posts: 10
    Options
    How exciting!!! I did my first 5K today too :)

congrats!!!!! Thats an awesome time
  • agirlscamaro
    agirlscamaro Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    way to go! my first 5k was today too!! I did the Explore Your Limits 5k in Roanoke, VA.
  • madteacha
    madteacha Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Must be the day for it - I did my first 5k today too. That's an awesome time - I took 37mins (but I'm a really slow runner lol)
  • ursiestar
    ursiestar Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done, brilliant time. :drinker: I was thinking of signing up to do a 5k and you have inspired me to do that, thank you
  • Stanski21
    Stanski21 Posts: 42
    Options
    That's great. And an amazing time for hill run too! Well done.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Great job :) thats awesome
  • walk_fit
    walk_fit Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I am 50 yrs and wanted to do a 5K. So signed up for one in June . I will be getting few running sessions with a trainer. I am so motivated after reading all the above posts.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!