Very small NSV :)

Options
I don't really post on here but I had a bad week food-wise and I need to remind myself that I have made a lot of progress, even though it doesn't feel like it this week.

There's a really large hill on my university's campus from the commuter parking garage to the main campus. I used to walk up that hill 3-4 times a week to go to class and I would always be out of breath by the time I reached the top. I never walk up that hill now because I'm never at school anymore. I'm in my last semester but I'm currently student teaching and my one class is off-campus.

Today I had to go to the university to see someone and drop something off. I parked in the garage and walked up the huge hill without stopping, walked straight into the building I needed to go, and walked up 2 flights of stairs without stopping to catch my breath. I'm no longer as out of shape as I used to be.

It's the little things, guys. :bigsmile:

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    nicely done!!
  • Jennifer5470
    Jennifer5470 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I hope to be able to do the same without huffing and puffing one day. Guess it will take some time! :)
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    That is actually better than a scale victory. Way to go! So happy for you. :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That's great. Those NSV's feel pretty good!
  • Spindigo1
    Spindigo1 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!

I'm new to the boards: what does NSV stand for?
  • MindyG150
    MindyG150 Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!
  • princeliam
    Options
    Great job! It's all about feeling better and being healthier!
  • rmarshalla
    rmarshalla Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    That's so great! Keep up the good work!

I also used to notice it a LOT more when I had to get from one side of campus to the other (UW, huge campus, hills, etc). I still get from class to class in about the same amount of time but I don't get sweaty/overheated/red-faced trying to get there! In fact, I'll take detours if I have the extra time, because it feels so good to walk around out-doors when I'm stuck in a chair in class all day.

Congrats :).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!