weight fluctuations

does anyone else have 1lb to 2lb fluctuations from literally one day to the next? what is that? it kills me! any hints for how to stop it?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    The only way to stop it is to stop weighing every day!
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    That's very very common and normal. Either just weigh once a week or weigh every morning but only count it once a week and don't take your fluctuations very seriously!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    I weigh myself every day, sometimes several times a day. I go up for no good reason on occasion. It doesn't bother me. I can lose a pound in a few hours even after I've eaten a grapefruit and had some water. I don't get happy when that happens. I find it curious. I don't even log them even though they are my lowest weights. I decided at the outset to only ever log my first weighing of the day.

Weight loss is a trend. You should only care about the trend. Local movement in your weight tells you nothing. It isn't information. It is noise.
  • jrsnyder95
    jrsnyder95 Posts: 53 Member
    so does everyone just choose a day to record their weight and go with that regardless of the outcome of that weigh in?
  • i weigh myself every morning; it's ok to see 1-3 lbs of fluctuation on any given day. however, if you keep going up in weight, then obviously there's something wrong. i think it's good to weigh yourself daily just to make sure you're on the right track.
  • johnnylufc
    johnnylufc Posts: 39 Member
    i weigh in each sunday morning before i eat or drink