New Journalist

Options
I recently joined myfitnesspal.com and I LOVE it. I love the daily journaling of what I eat, drink and my exercise regime. The site is like that invisible hand nudging me in the right direction. With this site and my ever so encouraging husband, I plan or should I say need to increase my cardio exercises. In addition to the elliptical cycle, does anyone else have other suggestions that I might add to my workout program? I have my 1st personal training session today and, if I receive helpful information, I’ll be sure to share. Thank you in advance for ANY helpful hints, suggestions & recommendations! Also, I'm struggling with my water intake too. It seems like I make it to 6 cups but after that, I fall flat ~ HELP :sad:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    I'm not much help, I'm down with a bad knee, but before I got hurt I was doing the c25k and loved it, but I have to face facts, I'll never be able to run anymore :( the elliptical is a great workout, and much easier on the knees.
    I'm having the same problem getting the water in.
    Good luck and keep us posted on what your trainer has to say :)
  • fitandhealthy
    fitandhealthy Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy!
    The cardio choices seem endless to me....there is biking, running, walking, tennis....there are so many to choose from. I use this site to calculate my excersises, and they list so many possible choices.

http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

Good luck to you! :)
  • Richelle73
    Richelle73 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy,
    I love water and that's all that quenches my thirst. I have a cup and I can add 2 cups to it and then I just keep filling that up as I go. I would suggest not drinking other things, they will prevent you from your water intake. I haven't really started working out yet. I have been increasing my activity. Sadly with a bad back I have been sedentary. But I am trying to be more active and stretch and then move more by cleaning my house. There is calorie burn on here for cleaning. But I found turning on some music and just dancing. Getting your whole body going. Arms, legs, hips, and but. During the first song I wanted to quit, but kept going. Its fun, my kids have fun too. Singing along wasn't easy! LOL I do plan on doing more as I go. Try dancing around if you are out of shape like me it wont be easy. As you jump around and your squatting, lunging, etc. I was sore later in my legs. But thats what I need to work on thighs and my bubble but.....Eating right and moving around more is helping me all around, less back pain, able to think clearer, more energy, etc. Good luck and have fun!!!
  • missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Shanaenae,
    Thanks for the link to that site, I went and checked it out.....I calculated how long it would take me to lose all my weight, and the higher the calorie intake the faster I lose it, is this right? I guess what I'm asking is.... it this site accurate?
  • fitandhealthy
    Options
    sorry, I screwed up and quoted the wrong post....see below :)
  • fitandhealthy
    Options
    Shanaenae,
    Thanks for the link to that site, I went and checked it out.....I calculated how long it would take me to lose all my weight, and the higher the calorie intake the faster I lose it, is this right? I guess what I'm asking is.... it this site accurate?

Hi!

I think it's pretty accurate? I don't use it to see how fast I will lose weight, I just use it for the burning calories etc. Basically, figure out your BMR (on MFP), mine is 1375....add in any excercise for the day...say 500 = 1875 you are allowed to eat.....if you eat only 1200, you have a 675 deficit.....each pound lost = 3500 calories deficit, so in 5 days, you will lose 1 pound. Keep in mind that your daily deficits will vary...they should be anywhere between 200-600 all depending. Hope this helps? :)
  • tracydudley
    Options
    Thank you ~ my husband swears by the elliptical cycle so I'll definitely try it next week.
  • Reign
    Reign Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi Tracy...welcome! I definitely love ths site. Everyone is very supportive. Good luck on your journey!
  • Joscelle
    Joscelle Posts: 93
    Options
    Welcome! Isn't this the best site ever? About water, someone once said that they drank 2 glasses of water immediately after getting up and then took their time with the remaining 6 - might be good for you to get it out of the way right away. As far as cardio, be sure to check out what the local gym has in terms of classes. I heard Zumba was fun.