hey!! i need some help

Options
my name is erin and im new the the whole my fitness pal thing!!
i have tried every diet out there i think but heard about this and figure i would give it a try!
i need help though

what are some good trips and things to help me stick with this one??
im a college student and im a lifeguard! so my life is pretty busy!

thanks for your help
:)

Replies

• hendrickson21
    Options
    Im new to this too.. but as far as i can see it is all about just watching what you eat.. You hae to put everything in that you eat during the day.. basically if you put it in your mouth you need to record it.. At first you will be shocked how much stuff will cost* you, but eventually get use to it.. If you are in college and use to fast food and drinking you are going to have a adjustment to make.. Take me for example I had 1 mcdonald hamburger oine day got home nad input it and it was 400 calories!! YEah!!ewww.. So you just have to adjust your eating and you will do great!!
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    I'm very new to this too. I've always had a hard time staying motivated. The thing that is motivating me the most right now is getting fit for a vacation I have coming up in a few months. Whenever I just dont' feel like being "good" I picture that bikini I want to wear. I'm thinking of hanging it on the wall of my bedroom so that I see it everyday

Find your own driving force and keep it in your mind all the time. And give yourself a lot of pats on the back.
  • bbblue92
    bbblue92 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi Erin, welcome . . . For me, planning ahead works. Sit down when you have a chance and figure out your meals and snacks ahead of time to you don't get caught up in your busy schedule with nothing healthy to eat. I find if I don't plan ahead I'm eating crap I shouldn't be eating (that's been happening more often for me lately :sad: ) Good luck to you!
  • katrinah013
    katrinah013 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    The big trick to everything is self-control. You need to want to stick to this to be able to. I am one to talk! It was very difficult for me to do this on a daily basis, but now that I have the summer off and I am more focused on me and not everything else, this has become really easy for me this first week of vacation.

Know what you want and stick to it. Record as much as you can, and if you forget, don't beat yourself up. Just start fresh the next day. This is actually becoming a really helpful tool for me.

Good luck!
  • spiralgirl71
    spiralgirl71 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Since you're really busy, my best advice is to plan ahead. Keep healthy snacks with you and have an idea of what your daily meals are going to be. It also helps if you log into this site around the same time every day. That way it becomes part of your routine and personally it helps motivate me.
    Good luck!!!