Anyone 50+

Options
Hi, looking for supportive friends 50 and up. Anyone out there?

Replies

• Aquarius2
    Aquarius2 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I am new to MFP and over 50.
    I have been on a weight loss program for the last six months and have lost 19 kilos so far:smile:
    I think we all need support and would like to connect with anyone who feels the same
  • susanpasq
    susanpasq Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I'm quite a bit over 50 (62 to be exact). I 've been lurking around these boards and today I decided it was time to be an active participant. I started out with weight watchers on line and while I think it is a great program, I have gotten more interested in nutrition and want to see how my fats, carbs, protein, and fiber break down every day, so I switched to myfinesspal. This seems like a great community and I hope to be around for a long time and am anticipating a healthier me!!
  • fluffy925
    fluffy925 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm over 50, all feel free to add me!
  • skinnyme47
    skinnyme47 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I am 60. It is harder to lose the weight as you get older, but it can be done. There are groups also on MFP for over 50 and over 60. Add me if you like.
  • suzieg55
    suzieg55 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, you can also add me...I'm 55...My Fitness Pal is my new freedom 55!
  • mccloss
    mccloss Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ! Im new! My kids are all doing this and love it...I am 57....please add me.
  • AmyMgetsfit
    AmyMgetsfit Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just came back to MFP a month ago. I joined a year ago and lost my mojo after a month and quit. I am even more determined this time around. I just turned 58.
  • penguinlally
    penguinlally Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    ++++++++Hi - I just turned 57 last week ---been on MFP close to 400 days and LOVE IT! Best decision I have made in forever! Welcome to a wonderful site with amazing people. Feel free to add me.
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    52 here. Lots of us over fifties on here with amazing stories. We are younger and more capeable than we give ourselves credit. Lots of drive and energy still left!
  • 22bizzy
    22bizzy Posts: 3
    Options
    That would be me, too! I'm 57, and this is my second round with mfp. I have a smart phone now with the mfp app, and that is helping a lot :)
  • jeen57
    jeen57 Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am also a 50 +er and happy to see some people my age actively participating. I have tried some other sites like this but got a new laptop and decided to join MFP. I am ready to get toned up for summer.

jeen57
  • FitB4IRetire
    FitB4IRetire Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I will be 51 in a couple of months and joined MFP in January.
    About 5yrs ago I was on WW and lost 45lbs but it crept back on
    I am finding it harder this time to lose but am determined to make it work.

I am on here everyday so If anyone wants to add me, please do.
  • emileesgram
    emileesgram Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and have reached my weight goal after 15 months of hard work and exercise. I have lost over 40 lbs. I would love to offer encouragement and support! Feel free to add me. I love hearing other stories.
    Lynne
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    I am real old codger, 70 in April, I log in daily, live near Portsmouth [[UK] feel free to add me
  • KeithChanning
    KeithChanning Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Over 60, too, and always here. Feel free to friend me
  • suewestcountry
    suewestcountry Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im over 60 Iv lost 20lbs feel free anyone to add me as I need the encouragement
  • fresh_start59
    fresh_start59 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I am 53 but feel like 73. I am morbidly obese and tire quickly during exercise.

My goal is to feel like I'm 33, have a high "normal" (or low "overweight) BMI and develop a love (or at least like) for exercise.
  • Karen_8992
    Karen_8992 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am what I consider 50+some extra years of experience! LOL!

I am very motivated and ready to be successful as well as support others!

Let's do this!!!!:happy:
  • gerrie28
    gerrie28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am over 50.........56 on my way to 57 in about 25 days......feel free to add me also. The more friends the better. Its kinda hard to do alone.
  • sandytagain
    Options
    Here I am...58 and holding :) I need to lose about 125 pounds. I set a reasonable goal for 50 pounds by September 1st. I am vegetarian...no red meat or chicken...just fish and eggs, some dairy like feta. Today I pre-made lasagna using no bake noodles, veggie crumbles (lite life), tofu pressed dry and crumbled mixed with some chopped onions, salt, pepper, and chopped spinach, and Trader Joe's rustic spaghetti saufce. The tofu acts as a ricotti cheese if you will. My husband is vegan so I have to come up with ways to substitite cheese. This works wonderfully and it gives the dish a lot of protein and stuff. All I have to do now is throw it in the oven and bake it for about 40 minutes and taken take off the foil and sprinkle some vegan mozerella cheese I get fromTrader Joe's on top and I'm ready to serve with a salad :)