Jillian Michaels Detox

Options
So I'm going to the beach June 2nd to 9th. That is the week before my TOM. Which is when I tend to gain five pounds from water weight. Has anyone heard of the Jillian Michaels detox plan? Did it work? I understand that its just a short term solution but thats all I need, Ill remain eating healthy and exercising I just don't want to be bloated.

It goes as follows

- 60 ounces distilled/pure water
- 1 tbsp sugar free cranberry juice
- 1 dandelion root tea bag
- 2 tbsp lemon juice.

Drink the 60 ounces every day for seven days. Flushes out excess water weight and you could lose five or more pounds after the seven days.

Replies

• donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Wow, no answers ?
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no.
  • SoopraBint
    Options
    dandelion is a diuretic, it's an old herbal remedy. cranberry is good for the waterworks...

and drinking water helps keeping the kidneys working.

why not try it next TOM and see what happens, you have nothing to lose, other than maybe excess water...
  • Maidofmer
    Maidofmer Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I don't know. but it sounds better than the pills she endorses. just replied about it and week 1 was great. week 2 almost died
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I've used dandelion root successfully for water retention.
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    never heard of it, but a Q, i take it you eat a normal diet and take the drink every morning for 1 week, is that correct?
  • kwimpress
    kwimpress Posts: 40
    Options
    Ive never heard of this too. Please share the details as im going to be in the same boat as you in July, and all help is needed!
  • ChristinaR720
    ChristinaR720 Posts: 1,186
    Options
    Detoxes are baaaaad. Don't do it. Just drink lots of water to help combat the water retention.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    detox dont exsists there just another FAD to sell. waste of money espicially the stuff that jillian sells sorry if o offend anyone. dont waste your money
  • lindenanne
    Options
    Go check out Dr. Oz's website regarding things he suggest for kick starting metabolism. I LOVE Jillian, but I'll take a doctor's advice over a trainer's advice any day. My husband is now on L-Carnatine and I'm taking CLA. Dr. Oz also suggest white kidney bean extract and it's either Raspberry Ketone or something like that. While I'm not a huge fan of pills, I did lots of research on these supplements and find that so far they are working and aren't having a negative effect on me or the husband. WebMD has lots of information on the supplements from a medical perspective.
  • AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    The easiest thing to do is watch your sodium intake near that time.
  • jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    why not try it and see, since it is a home made drink it won't cost you and the ingredients are healthy enough so, as long as you eat well at the same time, you have nothing to lose except excess water.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    Go check out Dr. Oz's website regarding things he suggest for kick starting metabolism. I LOVE Jillian, but I'll take a doctor's advice over a trainer's advice any day. My husband is now on L-Carnatine and I'm taking CLA. Dr. Oz also suggest white kidney bean extract and it's either Raspberry Ketone or something like that. While I'm not a huge fan of pills, I did lots of research on these supplements and find that so far they are working and aren't having a negative effect on me or the husband. WebMD has lots of information on the supplements from a medical perspective.
    no.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    1) Check out the Success Stories.

2) Message them. Ask them how many of them lost the weight and kept it off with these methods.

3) Realize none of them have. Proceed accordingly.