1008 calories over

Options
LadyRoff
LadyRoff Posts: 56 Member
yes you read that correctly, i had a very bad day yesterday, its almost like it was an out of body experience.

I logged everything and went 1008 calories over my daily goal..... i have looked back at my diary and am disgusted at how much I ate, i havent had breakfast as i feel like i have a food hangover....but i am moving forward and putting it down to a minor slip up, as its the first i have had in 50 days, so not too bad!

What happens with you when you go over monumentally like i did?

Replies

• kazitykaz
    kazitykaz Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I was massively over my calorie intake yesterday too. Felt guilty by the evening so I burnt the extra calories off through exercise. Did an hour of turbo fire and 30 minutes on the treadmill. Burnt about 700 calories.
  • M0TZO
    M0TZO Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you check goals here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals & see what your "Daily Calorie Deficit" is you might be lucky.

Using MFP I'm about 1000 calories down from what I need. You might just have had a level day.
  • wigglypeaches
    wigglypeaches Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've gone over by a few hundred calories for several days in a row. I just shake it off, drink some extra water, and work on planning clean meals for the next few days.
  • sarski77
    sarski77 Posts: 79
    Options
    Forget about it, get back to your plan and ensure it's only something that happens every now and then :)
    One day like that doesn't make you fat - the problem is when one day becomes a week etc.
  • em435
    em435 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You'll be fine.

Log it and cut back by a few 100 calories each day for a week or two if you can.
    ...Or just forget about it and try not to have a breakdown on weigh day!

:flowerforyou:
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,453 Member
    Options
    If you check goals here http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals & see what your "Daily Calorie Deficit" is you might be lucky.

Using MFP I'm about 1000 calories down from what I need. You might just have had a level day.

This! 1000 calories isn't as much as it sounds. If you've set MFP to lose 2lb a week it will already have given you a 1000 calorie deficit. So all that extra calories means is that you've maintained for one day. If it's just a very occasional thing, you could just write it off and start again today. Some people plan to have a meal "off" every now and then, to allow for special occasions. If it's just now and then, all it should do is slightly slow your weight loss. Even if you were having an extra 1000 calorie meal once a week, it would only slow your weight loss slightly (7000 calories a week deficit would mean 2lb loss a week, 6000 calorie deficit would still be more than 1 1/2 lb a week).

Or you could think of those 1000 calories spread over the 50 successful days, and it almost disappears! In fact, you'll probably find it's absorbed by all the days that you were slightly under goal.
  • roiLEI1554
    roiLEI1554 Posts: 143
    Options
    deep breath and keep going :smile:
  • LadyRoff
    LadyRoff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    thanks guys!

Ive just checked and I'm set at a 500 deficit, so thats made me feel abit better,and you like you say, 50 good days divided up doesnt seem to bad after all! thank you all
  • nroberts5
    Options
    you get up today and start with a clean slate. dont let the quilt weigh you down, let it go and move forward. 50 good days is great work!
  • rquantick
    rquantick Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It must of been something about yesterday as i couldn't stop eating either! mine was probably due to boredom.
    But today is a fresh day so back to eating properly, i think you need an off day once in a while to help you keep on track.
    You'll be fine as you've done 50 days before a slip up thats alot better than most of us!!
  • PMarie29
    PMarie29 Posts: 75
    Options
    When I go out for drinks with my friends, I go over my calories by at least 500 by fruity-patootie drinks alone. And then the alcohol makes me crave Snickers bars and potato chips and pasta and gummy bears...and I eat more and more. The next day I probably have a worse food hangover than an alcohol hangover! I just haul my bootie to the gym and do some cardio (even if it's just walking for half an hour) and eat cleaner to clear out my system.
  • AsrarHussain
    AsrarHussain Posts: 1,424 Member
    Options
    dont worry it happend once just burn it of and relax stress wont do anything
  • hattie869
    hattie869 Posts: 20
    Options
    one day is not too bad! I had a very bad yesterday as had a night out and actually inputting the calories has really made me think about how bad alcohol is and that its not worth it!
    I cant wait to have a better day today with fruit and veg and lots of water!
  • dazzo62
    dazzo62 Posts: 78
    Options
    It happens - for many reasons. More often than not when I have a day like that it's been a very stressful day.

Relax and start today. It's just a tiny blip on the the big picture of 50 days - you are doing great! Perfection is overated.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Just work out a little harder and burn those extra calories.
  • cynthiadmail
    cynthiadmail Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I've done that as well,but have to look at it ,remember it and just keep going. Start your day like you would and just keep logging and doing what you need to do. I didn't skip a meal because that day was gone this was a new day and I needed to go at it like I do every day I would do that with my food on the day after before I would think well I messed up yesterday let me not eat this meal today to account for those calories, and then I would keep on trying to skip this for that and it just gets to a point where its like why bother its to complicated and I stopped trying , but now I see it on my mind as that was yesterday this is today and today I need to do what I always do record ,keep track and workout. But just wanted to let you know like every one else has, it happens just keep at it, we been there done that to so heads up and stay strong.
  • IsleEsme
    IsleEsme Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Isn't it funny how when we are eating (and know we are way over our cals) the food is yummy, we're having fun, we'll deal with it tomorrow......I think you described it perfectly by calling it a "food hangover". Hubby and I went out this weekend and ate, drank and had a great time. That night I slept terribly, I felt crappy the next day....total food hangover. It's like my body can't deal anymore with that stuff and I can't believe I used to eat it all the time.

I went to the gym (more like forced myself to the gym) and sweated it out. I felt so much better. I suggest you start downing water like you'll never get another drop of it and go workout. You'll thank yourself afterwards.
  • fotografe
    fotografe Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Breath, smile and start a new day. One day at a time, one breath at a time.
  • keithmustloseweight
    keithmustloseweight Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    What happens with you when you go over monumentally like i did?

Seppuku. As stated in the MyFitnessPal FAQ.
  • ApexLeader
    ApexLeader Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    the last time i went that much over i went to the gym for 2 hours to bring myself back to about even. obsessed? maybe