What things do you refuse to log?

Options
When I first started on MFP, I logged EVERYTHING. I was so afraid I would miss something and completely ruin the progress I was making. When I reached 20 pounds lost, I decided to change things up and made the switch from obsessing over everything I ate to a mindful eating approach (similar to IIFYM). Before I made this change, I felt very deprived and I was spending an insane amount of time just logging my food. I still log a great majority of what I eat, but I no longer log everything.

Here are some examples of things I don't log:

* Coffee (but I do log creamer)
* Gum
* Most things that contain 0 calories
* Ketchup (I log this sometimes, but not usually)

What foods and beverages do you refuse to log?

Replies

• Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    good question :)

I do not log gum, low fat jam or olive oil dressing....for the rest I log everything!
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Salsa and ketchup.
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I do not log gum, tea (if I drink it plain), and sometimes I forget how much water I drank. I also don't log any pills I take.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    black coffee. forget water most of the time but i think its important to log everything else. even condiments and oils.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Herbs and spices

Cough drops

Breath mints

0 calorie beverages (Crystal Light, diet green tea, etc) although I do log my first soda of the day. Sometimes I have more than one diet soda.

Anything consumed on weekends or holidays. :laugh:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Alcohol and exercise.

I know, I know, but this is my world :)
  • Keysted
    Keysted Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sugarfree salad dressing. I keep my portion to 2 tablespoons each time, salad once a day. A dollop of fat-free milk in my morning coffee. I drink tea without sugar/honey so I don't record it.
  • Lupercalia
    Lupercalia Posts: 1,857 Member
    Options
    I log everything I eat and drink apart from my water intake and vitamin supplements. I don't log exercise calories burned. I do track my workouts, but on another site and in my little spiral notebook.
  • SpecialSundae
    SpecialSundae Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    I try to log everything but I don't worry about accuracy with spices or low density vegetables (I'll guesstimate on salad stuff most of the time rather than weighing).
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Diet drinks (diet soda, powerade zero, etc.), gum, spices, and exercise.
  • Trilby16
    Trilby16 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I don't log the coffees that I drink with skim milk, meaning I don't log the skim milk. It probably adds up to a cup a day of skim milk. Just one of the many reasons I keep my target at "1200." There is leeway built in.
  • rduhlir
    rduhlir Posts: 3,550 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Every tablespoon of Ketchup, every cup of coffee, and every gram of lettuce.
  • NeverGivesUp
    NeverGivesUp Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I don't log anything anymore. The numbers make me crazy and I don't intend to do it forever anyway so I have to see where my own personal limits are. I am successful anyway and have the best and most supportive friends on this site. :)
  • jcperkns
    jcperkns Posts: 109
    Options
    I log everything. Every tablespoon of Ketchup, every cup of coffee, and every gram of lettuce.

^^^This.
  • mudonthetires856
    mudonthetires856 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I don't log my vitamins, yellow mustard, water or spices. I also don't log strength training, but I do log cardio because I eat back some of the calories. On occasion, I would forget to log olive oil or butter used in cooking, but I'm much better about that now.
  • sugarlips1980
    sugarlips1980 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Black coffee and tea with almond milk. I just can't be bothered to log them. Plus if I'm a bit hungry in the evening (or I think I am!) and I've had all my daily cals I'll have a cup of tea to take the edge off (because in my mind it's zero!)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I don't log my son's gummy bear vitamins when I snag one once in a while.:bigsmile:

I also don't log medicines, or anything that is zero calorie. If I grab a carrot stick or a pickled okra from the fridge, I don't bother with that either. I'm not THAT anal. (Anymore) And I like the Sunsweet individually wrapped prunes. If I only eat one, I won't usually log it, but if I have 2 or more in a day I will. I used to weigh out almonds into 1/2 oz servings, but now I know how many I can have, so I count them instead. If I go one over, not going to stress about it.
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    Coffee, tea, single sugar cubes (I would if I used many, but I have maybe 4-5 in a week); small amounts of salsa, ketchup, & mustard; mints, herbs, spices (unless they have some other nutritional value that I'm paying attention to), the tablespoon or two of milk that goes in my tea occasionally.

But most days I have a buffer of 100-200 calories that more than covers the little stuff.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    0 calorie stuff like multi-vitamins and water, everything else I log
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    My coffee (black no sugar) and I am always forgetting to log all my water. Other than that...I pretty much log everything.