What things do you refuse to log?

Options

Replies

• anewlife4me8610
    anewlife4me8610 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    to be honest, when you trying to lose weight, by calorie counting...not logging is like trying to omit what you ate. Its not possible to get a real value on things if you dont log it. For me its like a check book...I put in, and I note what comes out....I think if you wanted to omit foods that you eat every day, you could take a look at how many calories you eat of these items say in a month and get a daily average, then you can just go in each day and do a quick add of them so that you are technically logging them and they are accounted for.
    Lets face it, there are calories in almost everything we eat so better to know the value then have any surprises.
  • Iron_Duchess
    Iron_Duchess Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    I don't log ketchup, gum,Coke Zero, vitamins, fiber, or spices. I usually drink more than 9 cups of water but I only log up to 8/9.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I don't log some of the things I use when cooking like onions or garlic. I don't log celery. Any wine that I drink while cooking dinner is calorie free, so I don't log that either. I also don't log every little bit of exercise I do.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    There's nothing I refuse to log. But I don't log gum.
  • DoingitWell
    DoingitWell Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Excerise burn calories for anything under 15 minutes.
  • delonda1
    delonda1 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    alcohol,gum, mustard.
  • adamalle
    adamalle Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    No added sugar squash (drinking variety), gum, herbs & spices
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    If I swallow it, it gets logged.

And any actual exercise. Like, real exercise. Not cleaning.
  • OddChoices
    OddChoices Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Water. I drink the required quantity but since it doesn't go towards the macros I am not always keen on logging it.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Most spices, unless it's in large amounts (say, in a recipe)
    Gum
    Vitamins/supplements I take
    that 1g of cheese that I'm to lazy to shave off the 15g block I have on the scale...
  • c2111
    c2111 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    My nicotine gum as I quit in dec, and i dont log cleaning, cooking food etc. I log everything else and my work outs.
  • unknownsample
    Options
    Diet soda. I drink a ton of it. It has zero calories. All I'm counting is calories. Therefore...
  • marykpfist
    marykpfist Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I don't always log all my water, zero calorie drinks, and zero calorie condiments (hot sauce)
    I'm still new, so probably still a little excessive!
    I do log supplements, but not medicine. I like to see now my total nutrition looks.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Calories burned from cleaning and normal household things...
  • lroxey
    lroxey Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I dont log my coffee or creamers.I know the value of my creamer, and its the same every morning regardless..
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    to be honest, when you trying to lose weight, by calorie counting...not logging is like trying to omit what you ate. Its not possible to get a real value on things if you dont log it. For me its like a check book...I put in, and I note what comes out....I think if you wanted to omit foods that you eat every day, you could take a look at how many calories you eat of these items say in a month and get a daily average, then you can just go in each day and do a quick add of them so that you are technically logging them and they are accounted for.
    Lets face it, there are calories in almost everything we eat so better to know the value then have any surprises.
    People need to find out what works for them. If someone who doesn't log everything finds out that is interfering with their weight loss, they should most definitely reconsider. But there are many of us who do just fine with the occasional omission.
  • Vailara
    Vailara Posts: 2,454 Member
    Options
    Herbs, spices, tea, coffee, mustard, pickles, etc.

Re: posts above - I know all these little bits of calories might add up, but I'm usually under my goal anyway, so that allows for them.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I don't log black coffee but I do log the skim milk I use in it. I don't log black pepper or parsley or cilantro but I log all other spices and herbs. (I use a LOT of spices and the calories can really add up from them for me) I don't log it if I chew a stick or two of sugar free gum, but if I'm having a bad day and chewed the whole pack, I'll do a quick add of the calories. I don't log water or sugar free drinks.

And no, I'm not trying to "omit what I ate" as one poster suggested... if I was going to do that, I'd stop logging chocolate.
  • PMarie29
    PMarie29 Posts: 75
    Options
    I would go CRAZY if I tried to log every grain of salt and pepper. So no spices or herbs, no black coffee (I work night shift...that's a lot of coffee...), no tea, and no water flavorings (like Crystal Light 5 calorie packs).

I'm sure I'll survive.
  • bunbunzee44
    bunbunzee44 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    coffee, butter on my bread, spices. few grapes or raisins that I consumed. olive oil I used to bake something in.