Would love to have more friends who are breastfeeding

Options
I just had my second child. January 18,2013. I am currently breastfeeding and I would love to see how you ladies are losing weight. I've already lost 26 pounds. I want to lose 30 more. Looking forward to making new friends on here. Send me your username, if you'd like. ~ Happy losing...Kortney:smile:

Replies

• amberlbrunoni
    Options
    Hi kortney! I'm breastfeeding my 5 month old little man. I've lost 21 pounds since he was born, I want to lose 30 more. I'm doing an outdoor fitness bootcamp and trying to stick to a clean diet. :)
  • dayvco
    dayvco Posts: 8
    Options
    I'm new here so not a long history of success but I'm breastfeeding my 5 month old too. Other moms are invited to add me as well. I've an open diary and am looking to lose about 90lbs more.
  • stetienne
    stetienne Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    My first thought was: that's a little young. :)

Sorry...continue.
  • PillowPet1012
    PillowPet1012 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi! i too have a 5 month old son who i am exclusively breastfeeding. I also have a 2.5 year old who i breast fed until he was 23 months old and he weaned himself while i was about 4 or 5 months pregnant with this one.

I was 216 before i got pregnant with my first son. This was the heaviest i ever was. the day before i had him i was 208. I actually lost weight while pregnant. Then i got down to 196 at my 6 week post partum and then i pretty much NEVER moved.

When i got preggo with this new little guy i was 194, and i was 196 the day before i had him. 2-3 weeks after i had him i was 172 lbs! But here i stay.

When i met my DH i was 120 pounds, IF THAT. we met in 2004. by 2006 i was 180 lbs. I have no idea what happened but i never changed a thing. Something in my body just like stopped functioning or something. I am only 5'2.75" and i need to be smaller in size. My goal right now is 140, but then it will go even lower. I just need to be realistic in my thought process right now and set a smaller goal to start.
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I am breastfeeding my third baby who is almost 14 months old.
  • gail_dawn
    Options
    hi! im currently breastfeeding my 5 week old. he is my forth child. I have lost 23 lbs so far and still aim to lose about 60 more (eek!)
  • pjammer10
    pjammer10 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I'm exclusively breastfeeding my 5 month old and have ton of weight to lose! Just starting to take it seriously and looking for some positive support!
  • zombie_meg
    zombie_meg Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm EBFing my son born on January 24th. I gained almost 80 pounds. I'm down to 250lbs and want to lose 100 more lbs. I'm worried about compromising my supply when I start working out. I had a c section so I'm waiting for doctors clearance to start the Power 90 program.
  • brandieberry7
    Options
    I'm breastfeeding my 8 month old daughter. I lost 26lbs in the first two weeks after her being born in July. Since Sept. I've lost 32lbs and 16 of that is in the last 4 weeks since I've started using this site. Yesterday I found out I'm pregnant again which was a huge shock. If you friend me don't wright anything on my feed about me being pregnant because I have family members on here and I'm keeping it a secret for now.
  • JessiAnn88
    JessiAnn88 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm breastfeeding my 7week old daughter and have lost 24 lbs so far and am looking to lose another 30! Feel free to add me :D
  • Tandrence
    Tandrence Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm currently exclusively breastfeeding my 3rd child, who is 4 months old. Feel free to add me. I'd love to expand my network of moms, I find we have unique challenges that we face when trying to lose weight!
  • caityt
    caityt Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am currently breastfeeding my 7 week old and would love to lose some more weight feel free to friend me :)
  • mommysockmonkey
    mommysockmonkey Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm breastfeeding my 10 week old. I've lost 38 pounds so far and I'd like to lose another 30. Anyone please feel free to ad me. Also, there's a group on here called the post partum pack that you may be interested in.
  • SpawklinAlexis
    Options
    Hi Yall! Im currently breastfeeding my son who is 6 months now. I was back at pre-preggo weight by 4 months, but havent been watching my diet and have been giving into every temptation for the past 2 months & have stayed at my pre-preggo weight. He just started sleeping most of the night so I cant use exhaustion as a reason to not work out and eat badly anymore. I also have a 2 year old.

Feel free to add me=]
  • WildcatMom82
    WildcatMom82 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Hi! i too have a 5 month old son who i am exclusively breastfeeding. I also have a 2.5 year old who i breast fed until he was 23 months old and he weaned himself while i was about 4 or 5 months pregnant with this one.

I was 216 before i got pregnant with my first son. This was the heaviest i ever was. the day before i had him i was 208. I actually lost weight while pregnant. Then i got down to 196 at my 6 week post partum and then i pretty much NEVER moved.

When i got preggo with this new little guy i was 194, and i was 196 the day before i had him. 2-3 weeks after i had him i was 172 lbs! But here i stay.

When i met my DH i was 120 pounds, IF THAT. we met in 2004. by 2006 i was 180 lbs. I have no idea what happened but i never changed a thing. Something in my body just like stopped functioning or something. I am only 5'2.75" and i need to be smaller in size. My goal right now is 140, but then it will go even lower. I just need to be realistic in my thought process right now and set a smaller goal to start.

I have a similar story, if it makes you feel better. I nursed my daughter until she was 16 months and I was 10 weeks pregnant. I was holding onto weight that wouldn't budge the whole time I was nursing her (I had 15 lbs out of 35 left to lose when I got pregnant again). This time, same thing. I tried working out sooner after my son, but it caused huge issues with my supply, even while eating a ton of calories, so even though I lost weight I had to take a break for my supply and gained almost all of it back. I've been stuck with 15 lbs to lose (of 35 again) from him and the extra 15 left from her. I've tried eating more and eating less and I workout 6 days a week now that he's almost a year and not nursing much at all, but am getting nowhere. I lost 75 lbs in college so I know I can do it, but it has been a frustrating 3 years! I'm hoping once he stops nursing I'll get some better results.
  • ohsmama
    ohsmama Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm bf'ing my 8 month old. She had some issues with gaining weight in the first few months and her pediatrician advised me to go on a "high-fat, high-calorie" diet. It really messed with my brain because even though I knew that was ridiculous, I couldn't help but feel like I had to try anything, and once you get started down that path... ugh. I'm trying to break habits now and I've had success with MFP before.
    I'm new to the "community" aspect of it, though. Can anyone give me some pointers or tips? I've never made friends here, and I'm not sure how the forums/friends/community thing works?
    Hard work ahead!!