What are your favorite on the go snacks?

Options
Mine would be beef jerky. I like greek yogurt and cereal too! Any good ideas?

Replies

• vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    mostly berries. Sometimes almonds/walnuts/pistachios. Dates too but they're pretty dense in calories.
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Nuts, granola/trail mix, chickpeas, a banana, sometimes a Kind bar. Depends on what kind of "on the go" we're talking.
  • Griffin220x
    Griffin220x Posts: 399
    Options
    I'm allergic to like every nut out there. I really miss out on some beneficial nutrition.
  • Griffin220x
    Options
    Nuts, granola/trail mix, chickpeas, a banana, sometimes a Kind bar. Depends on what kind of "on the go" we're talking.

Road trips, bike ride, trail walks, even if you've got a long commute to work.
  • starsonlyhope
    Options
    I like turkey jerky. It's leaner than beef jerky, but still protein-packed
  • AprilRN10
    AprilRN10 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    bananas, turkey jerky, fiber one bars, yogurt cups, grapes
  • CaffeinatedConfectionist
    CaffeinatedConfectionist Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I'm allergic to like every nut out there. I really miss out on some beneficial nutrition.

That is one of the most tragic things I've ever heard!
  • nokanjaijo
    nokanjaijo Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I'm off all processed foods so I'm limited to whole foods for on the go.

Aside from fruit, I usually boil a dozen eggs so there are always some in the fridge I can grab.
  • Griffin220x
    Options

That is one of the most tragic things I've ever heard!

I know its really sad:( If I even have a like a pinch of peanut butter I can feel my throat constricting. And if i eat enough I get break out in massive hives and blow up like a balloon.
  • laf0195
    laf0195 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    If you can't have nuts, try seeds. I buy raw pumpkin and sunflower seeds and roast them with some salt. They're easy to bag and take with you, and are protein and fat dense. Other than that, I carry around a lot of chopped up fruits and veg, Greek yogurt, stuff like that. I usually end up with at least one tupperware container in my backpack everyday.
  • zrmac804
    zrmac804 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Bite-size fresh fruits or veggies (apples, mandarins, sugar snap peas, carrot or celery sticks, red pepper strips)
    Cubes of cheese
    Whole grain crackers
    High-fibre cereal bar (I like All-bran)
    Single serve tuna in cans or pouches
    If I'm packing an "on the go" meal, I like something sweet at the end - usually a piece of chocolate or a whole-grain cookie