Now I've reached my goal weight I'm a bit confused.

Options
LesCalvert
LesCalvert Posts: 29 Member
Even though I've gone below my goal, my calories still stand at 1310 per day. Surely if I'm to continue with such a low amount then I will continue to lose more and thats now what I want.

What must I do next in order for MFP to amend my settings so I can now stop losing weight (something I have never thought I would be saying)

Thank you

Les

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Go to My Home" > "Goals" > "Change Goals" > "Guided" > "What is your goal" > "Maintain my current weight" and MFP should update your calorie goal

Bear in mind that it is just an estimation, so you might need to experiment a little to find your true maintenance goal. You may also gain a little at first due to extra food/waste, and water retention (the opposite of the big loss people often have when they start dieting), but it should stabilise.
  • tommygirl15
    tommygirl15 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I agree with the above poster, you'll have to experiment a bit. Try going up 50 cals per week, or even 100 if you feel ok with that, to see when you balance out.
  • LesCalvert
    LesCalvert Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Thank you ;-)
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

Go to My Home" > "Goals" > "Change Goals" > "Guided" > "What is your goal" > "Maintain my current weight" and MFP should update your calorie goal

Bear in mind that it is just an estimation, so you might need to experiment a little to find your true maintenance goal. You may also gain a little at first due to extra food/waste, and water retention (the opposite of the big loss people often have when they start dieting), but it should stabilise.

this^ but you might want to try climbing up to maintainance gradually to avoid gaining. e.g. this week set to, lose 1.5lb, next week, lose 1lb, the next, lose 0.5lb then the next set to maintain.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!