Best ways to burn an extra 100 calories

Options
While we all know that it is better to do 'proper' workouts that test your physical limits and perform both cardiovascular and strength training, sometimes we all feel the urge to burn an extra 100 calories to make up for that missed run or extra helping. And many of us feel like we are pressed for time, or the weather is bad-- but knowing some good alternatives that require little or no equipment (done indoors) will take away our flimsy excuses!

Please share your quick and easy ways to burn off those extra 100 calories! Remember to list the weight it is based on!
Let's go!

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    skipping - hard to find somewhere to do it though - break stuff at home, embarassing outside :S
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I dance, ipod on, earbuds in, and I do all the stuff I did in my teens/low 20's when I was a good weight!
  • unfeigned
    unfeigned Posts: 30
    Options
    For me that would be running up stairs for about 3-4 minutes. Neighbors do look at me like I'm a weirdo but I don't care :bigsmile:

(~250lbs)
  • jjones62301
    jjones62301 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    You can burn up to 300 calories a day just by 'fidgeting'....shaking your leg while you're sitting down, using your feet to rock yourself in a rocking chair, tapping your foot while standing in line somewhere, etc. Seems silly but hey, any kind of movement helps you burn calories! haha
  • eAddict
    eAddict Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    You can burn up to 300 calories a day just by 'fidgeting'....shaking your leg while you're sitting down, using your feet to rock yourself in a rocking chair, tapping your foot while standing in line somewhere, etc. Seems silly but hey, any kind of movement helps you burn calories! haha
    Drives me NUTs when I am in a meeting with people who do this! Calm down ;-)

Seriously, move when you can how you can. Take stairs . Park far. Walk to a park for lunch.
  • LernRach
    LernRach Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    i live in an apartment block, and every so often I see my neighbour running up and down the stairs countless times. I am convinced that she is trying to burn calories to eat more but I feel too stupid asking her.... but ye, stairs is a good one.... walking around teh block a couple of times works too
  • almostgoodbye99
    almostgoodbye99 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    skipping - hard to find somewhere to do it though - break stuff at home, embarassing outside :S

HAHAHAHA....favorite comment so far today!
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    burpees.
  • AngelicxAnnihilation
    AngelicxAnnihilation Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I think I need to start logging that because I usually don't sit still... ;) eAddict would hate me!
  • Miamiuu
    Miamiuu Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    anyone know how true this is. can you really burn 70 calories just by standing for n hour?I used a calculator but it was for standing in line so I was wondering if you actually burn cals just by standing in one place
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    i live in an apartment block, and every so often I see my neighbour running up and down the stairs countless times. I am convinced that she is trying to burn calories to eat more but I feel too stupid asking her.... but ye, stairs is a good one.... walking around teh block a couple of times works too

Yes, I have been that crazy neighbor. Fortunately, we had a stairwell at both ends of a long corridor so it wasn't quite so obvious.
  • benflando
    benflando Posts: 193
    Options
    Burpees, Knee Ups, Interval Sprints
  • grapefruitannie
    grapefruitannie Posts: 122 Member
    Options

Oh god don't tell my other half that he is forever fidgeting does my blinking head in lol
  • YoungDoc2B
    YoungDoc2B Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    Jump rope. Burns hella calories in a short amount of time