Fitbit One? Or other?

Options
Okay... Here I go! Getting it on and losing some weight (Those delicious holidays can suck it!)

My question: My incredible sisters all own the Fitbit One, and from what I hear, LOVE it! It syncs with the iPhone 4S, 5, etc...but I have an iPhone 4. Will this effect anything for me?

I am looking for ANY input on either this product, or one similar that is recommended.

Thank you!

Replies

• c1aireee
    c1aireee Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sbussert
    sbussert Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I have t he zip love it. I really does keep me motivated. Good luck!
  • MrsR0SE
    MrsR0SE Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I heat that the One is great, but I think it only syncs with the iPhone 4S onwards because of the type of bluetooth it uses. I have the ultra which I love, and am thinking of upgrading to either the One or the Flex when I upgrade my iPhone 3GS.

Edited to add the name of the Fitbit Group on here, which you might be interested in:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/1290-fitbit-users
  • jsiricos
    jsiricos Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I was kinda waiting for the new one to come out, I think I stand less chance of losing a wristband :) Fitbit Flex
  • unfeigned
    unfeigned Posts: 30
    Options
    Same here! Looking forward to FitbitFlex (http://www.fitbit.com/flex). I like the concept of wristband and was searching for one to keep me motivated and pushing forward. (JawboneUP, NikeFuel, FitbitFlex, ...) But one of the most important features for me is sleep tracking and silent alarm!
  • Rungirlrun4
    Rungirlrun4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just purchased the One last week, LOVE IT! I like that it tracks stairs. I climb plenty of stairs doing chores and what not every day and it gives an accurate read on how many flights of stairs you climb unlike the Flex, so overall a more accurate read on how many steps you take a day. First day I climbed 22 flights!

Also, being able to track your sleep is nice. Quite honestly I didn't think that feature would matter to me but I find myself going to my computer or phone to check it out every morning.

At first I thought the wristband style of the Flex would be better than the clip-on style of the One and was going to wait for it's release. However, since I can attach the One to my bra I'm finding it is really no big deal. In hindsight, if it were a wristband the ugly plastic thing would show no matter what I was wearing or where I was going so the clip-on style is a little more discrete and I can wear it anywhere. Also, the fact that the Flex didn't track stairs really was the deciding factor in purchasing the One.

The fact that it syncs to to MPF- priceless! It also shows you calorie adjustments according to how many calories burned exercising and that is, well, again- priceless! This is something that a regular pedometer can't do.

It is fun and motivating trying to out step yourself each day! I really do love it and haven't taken it off except to shower.

Hope this helps!
  • Rungirlrun4
    Rungirlrun4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    By the way, I have the iphone 4, 2011, CDMA model, model #A1349. Quite frankly when I purchased the Fitbit One I didn't have my phone with me and couldn't remember if I had the 4 or 4s it was a gift and I didn't pay attention really. The One IS compatible with my iphone4 and I didn't have any problems setting it up nor any syncing problems.
  • unfeigned
    Options
    Thank you for such a in-depth review, rungirlrun4. Now you made a think again about all that and I don't see why I wouldn't go for Fitbit One... hmm.

Actually, I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE :bigsmile:
  • WilhelmCF
    WilhelmCF Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I use the zip. It works for me. It gets me going when I'm close to doing my 10,000.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and love it ,,,,,,I got mine at bestbuy....I am impatient and I want it now so I didnt go thru the mail LOL ......its a great motivator ...I log my food on MFP and my exercise on fitbit.com....GOOD LUCK
  • CarmenSandiegoInVA
    CarmenSandiegoInVA Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I love my fitbit, but, I'm old school and have the fitbit ultra. Didn't know they were coming out with the ONE or I would've waited another two months before I ordered it.
  • sleepygirl38
    sleepygirl38 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit zip and love it but I hear the one is just as amazing
  • unfeigned
    Options
    OK, been doing some research (again!) and looks like I could also go with Fitbit One :-) It actually has everything I need (only down-side was lack of smart alarm, but what I read from people it is not that "smart" in other trackers). I'll go and see how I could get one around here (Austria).
  • mareromeo
    Options
    I have Fitbit Zip. I dont need the one that monitors sleep, I work nights anyway. I love the fitbit!
  • Mistyfied_MD
    Mistyfied_MD Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I really like my Fitbit One since I got it a couple weeks ago. On days you're really active, it'll add calories to MFP for you (although I rarely eat into those anyway, but it's nice to know I have wiggle room if I need it). I also really like the sleep monitoring, and I check that every morning. It's interesting to see how my trend of movements during sleep affect me the next day. I've double-checked the Fitbit steps a few times as well and it's always either right on the nose or no more than one or two steps off, so it's accurate as well.
  • unfeigned
    Options
    I really love gadgets and especially if they motivate me to reach my goals, therefore I found out I could purchase Fitbit One over Amazon and should be getting my Fitbit within few days. Yay! :-)
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I actually have both the fitbit one and the fitbit zip. I prefer the one because I want to count the flights of stairs, sleep and TBH I like that I can came it. Mine calls me *GODDESS*. It says things like, *Hello Goddess*, *Burn it Goddess* , *Walk me Goddess*, *Hug me Goddess*, *Love ya Goddess*. It makes me laugh and smile all day. It's those little things in life. *smile* I wear mine in my bra facing me. I don't want to loose it.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Ultra (the model before the one) and have used it religiously every single day for over a year now.

Bought my husband the Zip for Valentine's Day (he could care less about sleep tracking or flights climbed) and he loves it and we are having a BLAST competing against each other!
  • devan33
    devan33 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have the One and love it. Had it about 3 weeks now. I have the app on my Iphone 4...which will sync with the computer, but the Fitbit One and Iphone 4 do not actually sync between the 2..must have the 4S or better for that. Hubby is going to get a Flex when they are released. I didn't realize it didn't track stairs. I may just stick with the One...I don't mind putting it in the wrist band for sleeping..but find the velcro keeps getting caught on my blankets and pulling it loose at night..may just wear it on my bra with the clip and see how that goes tonight..
  • bclever13
    bclever13 Posts: 44
    Options
    Okay... Here I go! Getting it on and losing some weight (Those delicious holidays can suck it!)

My question: My incredible sisters all own the Fitbit One, and from what I hear, LOVE it! It syncs with the iPhone 4S, 5, etc...but I have an iPhone 4. Will this effect anything for me?

I am looking for ANY input on either this product, or one similar that is recommended.

Thank you!

I have a Fitbit One and loooove it